Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which of these short shifter would you recommend for my integra?
-Skunk2
-B&M
-DC Sport
or a Short Type R shifter i heard its a little better than a stock LS it is that true?
Should I get a bushing kit for the shifter to stabilize it. Does this new polyurathane bushing really stabilize your shifting?

I just cracked my short shifter from OBX racing.:( crappy ass shifter

Doesn't Short Shifter mess up trannies. I know drivers are the people who mess up trannies. But doesn't a short shifter play a role in it. Need feedback asap. so I could purchase my shifter its so hard driving right now there barely any grip on the shifter itself.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
I would recomend all the short shifters you just stated...basically you named all of the best ones IMO.:)

"Short Type R shifter i heard its a little better than a stock LS it is that true?"

Im not sure on this one but the R is different and its gates are non like the LS. You might be mistaken with the feel, because the R is like no other.

Drivers mess up trannys, not the short shifters.

Good Luck, Id recommend the skunk2 SS, I have it and no complains whatsoever.Bushings are included with the skunk2 SS. BTW, good luck on your LS/VTec swap. Thats gonna be some fun:)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Skunk 2

I just installed a Skunk 2 short shifter on a 95 LS, and it is NIIIIICE, the thing is so perfect. I bought an APC one forever ago when they FIRST came out, and im definitely going Skunk 2. It is WAAAY shorter and it just feels very tight and rad. I dont really know how much they cost, but i would say its worth it whatever it is. Two thumbs up!

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the info JAYMAN320 and Lime Civic..........I aprreciate it alot. Oh yeah I can't wait to repair the ls/vtec block so I could the swap asap... but alittle low on cash so I am waiting. I am dying to engage in vtec and hear the roar.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts