Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i was offered the intake manifold for my h23 for 200$ new, worth more, but it was mislabeled and sent to the shop by accident-they wanted it for a h22.
what gains should i expect, and is it worth the money? one guy at the shop said it could mess up my idle--does anyone have any experience?

the only reason im hesitating other than that is the fact that i mayyyyy put an h22 head on it.. which i cant find any solid info on, and this manifold would be useles..
any help woudl be great... im only buying bolt ons now, but i want to make sure i buy ones that can help me in the future.

·
Registered
14,553 Posts
mikesta21 said:
well i was offered the intake manifold for my h23 for 200$ new, worth more, but it was mislabeled and sent to the shop by accident-they wanted it for a h22.
what gains should i expect, and is it worth the money? one guy at the shop said it could mess up my idle--does anyone have any experience?

the only reason im hesitating other than that is the fact that i mayyyyy put an h22 head on it.. which i cant find any solid info on, and this manifold would be useles..
any help woudl be great... im only buying bolt ons now, but i want to make sure i buy ones that can help me in the future.
not worth it unless you're going to buy a turbo kit to go with it

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
road.head said:
its not designed for a NA motor. take that statement as you will.
itll hold its own on an n/a just fine.

HOWEVER!!! if youre going with the h22 head, your best bet would be a euro r manifold ( www.blacktrax.net ) i gave you that site cause thats the only company i know of that has the adaptor plate for the iacv, and upgrade your throttle body from www.maxbore.com (verry respectable company) and youll be set. youll also spend alot less on parts, get more for your money, and be alot happier because youll feel a bit more umph from that engine of yours.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well, venom said before that is was "geared toward" modified n/a engines and forced induction engines... I will probably just contact them about it.

the h22 head on the h23, does anyone know about it? for some reason i can only find horror stories explaining how difficult it was and how its unreliable. This makes me want to play it safe, build up the bottom end(maybe), and boost according to my modifications.(well this is the plan, if i do go somewhere with it). The fact remains its a honda, and a rare one at that, and with no rust and only 70,000 miles, perhaps I should consider just keeping it clean and mint and that would preserve its value more.

·
Registered
699 Posts
u do know that the optimal manifold designs for a boosted motor and a NA motor are completely different right?

They say that because its a thing called marketing. If they say its geared towards both applications, obviously they will sell more.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.