Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aight, i'm lookin for a vid that was posted on here a long time ago. It was actually a few vids, but they were of this guy who was doin all these crazy flips. One of the vids showed him at a park where he kicked the sh*t out of a soccer ball as he did a backflip. Another one was where he was inside and flipping into foam. If you know what i'm talkin about, and have the vid please share, thanks. Also, I'm lookin for the vid of 2 guys playin DDR (Dance Dance Revolution) and they're doin all this crazy stuff like switching sides during the song and what not. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
yo havok, thats looks like a brazillian form of martial arts called "capoeira". i have a bunch of videos on my pc. that shit is crazy.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
WOW

That was freaking awesome.The real life Eddie Gordo lol:eek:

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
HBracer said:
Talent. U could kick somebody's ass when U know how to do thats shit.
Nah, you could really kick someones ass doin this

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/i=wMjA1NDU0NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/i=wMjA1NDU1NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

This is aikido. I'm gonna take it next quarter. I was talking to my roommate (had taken all sorts of martial arts) and he said that Capoeira ( the vids before my post) is just for show, and you could never use it in a real fight, or else you'd find yourself on your back.

·
Registered
225 Posts
fathead said:
yo havok, thats looks like a brazillian form of martial arts called "capoeira". i have a bunch of videos on my pc. that shit is crazy.
Most of those moves are taken from capoeria.

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
fathead said:
that looks choreographed to me.:confused:
Well, my roommate says that it looks choreographed becuase it's so seemless. But the reason it does, is becuase that's he style of Aikido. It's very passive, but also aggresive at the same time. It's passive in the sense that you always let the person attack you. Then it's all about weight manipulation. It doesn't take much strength becuase you're using the person momentum and weight against them. My roommate did a few moves on me, and this stuff is like woah. I mean I came at him with a punch, and he just diverted my momentmum and got me into a postition where he could have easily broken my arm. That's where the aggresive part is. But yeah, it's not choreographed, they're actually going at it, I men just look at how hard that guys being thrown to the ground.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts