Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
1,174 Posts
Those 4X4 stickers are gonna get you outta having to equip chains at some check-points. Nice idea.

Do I see two small breather filters? Engine sounds mildly angry, I like it. A little different than my rammed k24.
Liking the dual exhaust.

Why'd you cut up the bumper on the right pipe, or was that a stock leftover?

· Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the old clamp on pipe i had melted the plastic bumper so i cut off the melted bits lol. and yeah, two small breathers.
[/IMG]

· Registered
1,174 Posts
Now you need a little spark plug cover t oclean up some more stuff under the hood. I think I saw one by AEM. I myself painted the covers o na lot of things under my hood to match the blue. Haven't found any aftermarket valve covers for it though. On the second gen, they combined all the breather tubes together into one and then into the airbox, so I only had one hok up to the short ram, and one on the old one, I had one breather filter, which was a cool look, but the new one by Dragon doesn't have breather filters... just a tube to the regular intake.

Old:

New:

And I am honored to have my dialogue as part of your sig.

· Registered
4,633 Posts
Just FYI Chris, if it's at all possible, it's always best to connect those vacuums to their appropriate source rather than put those breather filters on. If your intake arm doesn't have the correct hole in it for the valve cover breather, then oh well (I've actually drilled a hole in an intake and put a grommet in it for an intake on my mom's car that didn't have the valve breather vacuum hole).

· Registered
1,174 Posts
My stock airbox didn't even really connect to the tube. It was actually behind the air filter, before the air was filtered, and wasn't even really connected to the box, more than it pressed up against it. The old intake I had didn't have a sot to put the breather tube in, so I just popped a small filter on it, and I assume it'd be okay, as long as you keep the inlet away from water. The old intake box goes like this:

X = Breather tube

---- = Air path

O = Filter

Outside air-----------------X----O------Engine/hoses

The hoses right next to the carb always have a spot to go into the intake tube, so those solve themselves, right next to the sensor.

· Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah, im about to put another catch can and hook it back up to my intake arm, i just dont want any shit in my new IM and RAI

· Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
haha and that post cracked me up, its a inside crv joke i suppose, not many people will get it. i have fucked on it, played drinking games on it, everything

· Registered
1,174 Posts
That table = good. Unfortunately, for a while I had it removed to haul some shit, and then I went camping, and there were no tables around, and i went "shit, where the hell are we gonna put all this food and shit?"

But I've since put it back and left it. It's a good thing that all the seats in the Cr-v fold down into one singe flat bed as well. The whole car was just meant for either drunken debauchery or camping.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.