Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up guys. I had a Viper 771XV remote start alarm put on my car a few months ago by best buy. Everything works fine(remote start, alarm sound, locks, etc) however, i noticed that alarm only goes off after open the door when the alarm is on. Like, if i hit the car..the alarm doesnt chirp or go off. I dont know if the sensors are up high enough. I havent litterally beat up the car...but i've pounded it a couple times and nothing happens. Is this normal?

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
yes, your sensitivity is turned down too much. it can be easiley adjusted. but i would take it back to B.B. and have them do it. it shouldn't take them more than 5 min. to adjust it. however you can have the sensitivity too sensetive. to the point that any noise or jar of the car will set it off........you don't want that shit. they just need to fine tune it just a bit and you'll be all good :D

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
did you test the shock sensor right after youve armed the car, cause it wont go off. most alarms have about a 10 second grazed period to adjust to the enviroment, so if you test the shock sensor imediately it will assume its a false trigger and automatically turn up the resistance. it will continue to resist until youve reset the alarm, to do that you usually just have to put the key in and turn it to ignition.

·
Registered
208 Posts
It's supposed to make warning chirps, kinda like a "get away from me, I have an alarm bish". But when it goes from nothing to alarm from a shock, it's too sensitive - test it by banging on the outside of the car on the a pillar or by the VIN on the windshield. When it works good there, you should be good to go.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
BSPFlavaz4Sho said:
the times that i remember testing it out, the car's been armed for quite some time :(
in that case turn up the sensativity, i reconmend testing it by the window near the B pillar. most theives will try to break into your car by breaking the window.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.