Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been hearing good and bad about Volfenhag subs, they are a German concept and would like to know if anybody would recommend these subs hear is some information. These perspectives are on a 15" Volfenhag

Magnet: 160 oz. Double stacked Ferrite
* Frame: 5 spoke Die-cast aluminum basket
* Cone: Reinforced aluminum curvilinear
* Surround: Oversized buytl rubber
* Spider: 2 Flat ultra excursion
* Power handling: 600 watts RMS, 1,200 Watts max
* T Yoke: Industrial Chromed Hex bolt retained, Bumped and Vented
* Double damper magnetic motor assembly
* Cooling: Double Vented (T Yoke and Motor Side vents)
* Voice Coils: 4 Layer Dual 4 Ohm High Temperature black Aluminum
* Voice Coil Diameter: 2.6"
* Nominal impedance: 4 ohms / per coil
* DC resistance (Re): 3.2 ohms ea. coil
* Frequency range: 20 Hz-750 Hz
* Fs: 29 Hz
* QTS: 67
* QES: 80
* QMS:3.97
* VAS: 4.6. cu. ft.)
* SD:.0491M
* SPL:90 dB 1W/1m
* Xmax:16mm
* Mounting Depth: 7.4"
* Mounting Hole Dia.: 14.2"
* Net weight: 26 lbs

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Hmm, I'd give them a rating of ABSOLUTE RUBBISH. I'd put them right up there with Sony subs, though Sony are probably better.

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
VTECnicalAccord said:
Hmm, I'd give them a rating of ABSOLUTE RUBBISH. I'd put them right up there with Sony subs, though Sony are probably better.
x2

they are a flee market/pawn shop brand

what is your budget

·
Registered
223 Posts
98civic4door said:
x2

they are a flee market/pawn shop brand

what is your budget

maybe but i had one 12" in a Q logic ported box.. and using a mmatts 500 watt amp bridged it pounded pretty hard.. better then 2 12" rockfords w/ a pheonix gold amp.. and that kid had a 90 civic hatch.. i got a 95 coupe.. anyway// got the sub in the box for like 75 dollars? and i was using my sisters amp..

now.. tho.. that i had to give her amp back.. and i gave my girl that sub for her car... i bought a Kicker solobaric L5 the square speaker in a kicker sealed box.. its only like 1ft x 1ft.. got that for like 75 2... but i got a shitty like 300 watt pyramid amp now.. haha but it still sounds decent.. im trying to get a 500 + watt amp cause that sub can handle like 1000...

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
^if you ever get the chance to hear a properly setup non-best buy system you would think differently.

I can take a 500rms amp and a 8 inch sub and probly put that 12 you had to shame spl wise and retain alot more sq

·
Registered
189 Posts
/\
i bet i can make it sound better than u 98civic4dr he he.. just kidding but he is right folks. that i don't think alot of ppl relize there is alot of smaller companies out there that are makin killer equipment that is only by word of mouth cuz they can't afford the huge advertising budgets like the kickers and JL's and rockfords of the world. i would reccomend a DD(digital designs) or Audioque over a kicker, JL or Rockford(besides the team rf for spl use only but i don't think most ppl on here could afford 1 team rf sub they aren't cheap i think over 1k for a 12.) anyday. IMO heck powerbass stuff is great for the money too.

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
Power bass is nice,hey csu have you got a chance to look at the Atlas 12 by Ascendant Audio,nice subs from what people have been saying.XBL^2,does very good with little power,and they are like around $170

They also have the Avalanch 12/15 coming out,I am reaplacing my W7 with a Avalanch 12 I do think

·
Registered
189 Posts
u need to thank dan wiggans for the xbl^2 which re uses too for the XXX... u need to cut ur sub whole out bigger then. thats a good price for a mid line sub. i would have to hear some or see some in action be4 i can comment. but i have seen the audioques's and used the dd's both are killer subs imo. so re builds the atlas since thats who builds the brahma for adire i am pretty sure.

marty pm me i need some locatin help.

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
csuho said:
u need to thank dan wiggans for the xbl^2 which re uses too for the XXX... u need to cut ur sub whole out bigger then. thats a good price for a mid line sub. i would have to hear some or see some in action be4 i can comment. but i have seen the audioques's and used the dd's both are killer subs imo. so re builds the atlas since thats who builds the brahma for adire i am pretty sure.

marty pm me i need some locatin help.
PM sent

1 - 10 of 10 Posts