Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have the voltage stabilizer in there car? Does it work? I'm having the problem of when I roll my window up dash lights get dim and idle drops. I have a 140 amp aftermarket alternator and a yellow top optima battery. I was thinking of getting the stabilizer. What do ya think?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,479 Posts
95accordvtec said:
Does anybody have the voltage stabilizer in there car? Does it work? I'm having the problem of when I roll my window up dash lights get dim and idle drops. I have a 140 amp aftermarket alternator and a yellow top optima battery. I was thinking of getting the stabilizer. What do ya think?
Well generally higher amp alternators require higher rpm's for them to work properly. I've never heard of a "voltage stabilizer" though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
They sell them on ebay with a set of ground wires. They usually come labeled as "Mugen" although I doubt they are. I think its just a capacitor wired into to the ground to make the connection better. I dont think you can ever correct that problem of the lights dimming when you roll the windows up. And when you have a high output amp it doesnt put out 140 amps at idle, thats at higher rpms.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,479 Posts
2kAccord said:
They sell them on ebay with a set of ground wires. They usually come labeled as "Mugen" although I doubt they are. I think its just a capacitor wired into to the ground to make the connection better. I dont think you can ever correct that problem of the lights dimming when you roll the windows up. And when you have a high output amp it doesnt put out 140 amps at idle, thats at higher rpms.

Well the thing about high amp alternators as i said earlier, they produce lower amps at idle compared to lower amp alternators. I have a buddy whose Willys Jeep wouldn't run properly with a high amp alternator.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
160 Posts
so you're gonna pay 30 bucks for a capacitor? interesting....was there a problem with your stock alternator? what was the point in buying a different one?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Typhoonk said:
so you're gonna pay 30 bucks for a capacitor? interesting....was there a problem with your stock alternator? what was the point in buying a different one?
Dont think anything was wrong with my old alternator. I just thought if I bought a 140amp alt. that my lights wouldnt get dim. I was wrong! Then I bought an optimas battery and It worked for like 1 week where the lights wouldnt get dim. After that started to happen again. So now I was thinking of going with the stabilizer....... that's why I'm lookin for some input on stabilizer....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,955 Posts
A capacitor won't fix your problem with your windows. Lots of times it's just that your tracks and bushings need to be oiled, because the lube that comes on it from factory usually attracts dust and crap and it gets gummy, and when you go to roll up or down your windows, it's very resistive, and resistance causes very high current draw. The high current draw is causing your headlight to dim. That's just one possibility. I have stock battery, stock alternator (and an OBX underdrive pulley on it to make things worse), with a Kicker KX800.2 AMP running bridged to my sub and a Kicker KX350.4 AMP pushing my components, and my lights don't dim when I roll the windows up and down... so just a thought. But like the other guy said your alt. might not be spinning fast enough to create sufficient juice for idle, do you have underdriven pulleys? That can cause a problem. :) good luck figuring it out
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
694 Posts
my lights dim with a 150 alt amp stock batt and upgraded ground wires and such. and if the fan speed is below II 2 its weird and if i use more power then it birghtens up. meh?
 

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
Joined
·
21,367 Posts
what you guys need is a car stereo capacitor....no dimming lights, no window problems etc etc.....and lookey here, i've got one for sale...how convenient!!!



and it's got a built in voltimeter on it too :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
957 Posts
I had a voltage Stablizer installed before, I didn't really notice a big difference....

IMO.. more of a engine dress-up.....

Taken From AJ-Racing.com


The T1R V-Power Voltage Stabilizer regulates the voltage of the car's electrical system, providing constant voltage at all times. Normally the electrical system's voltage will fluctuate under acceleration resulting in power loss and rough power delivery. The Voltage Stabilizer eliminates this voltage fluctuation, providing a constant voltage, thereby smoothening power delivery and optimizing power. Low rpm performance is improved noticeably, with improved response, acceleration, and smoothness. Fuel economy is also improved, especially for city driving conditions. This product also features a ON/OFF switch for safer installations. Avialble in 4 colours i.e. red, blue , silver & gold.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
30 Posts
ive got the buddy club setup and man it made a big difference with my car. my lights are brighter. in and out side the car. starts up like magic
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top