Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SUP... I was wondering since most of the Vortech Superchargers are ran off of a belt only instead of the bolt on factor, could one use it to be universal? I have seen some using a setup like this before... I am talking about version like the V-2 and the V-1, and so on and so on... It seems like it would be pretty easy DIY to custom fabricate one for a civic... If I am wrong about this then somebody tell me... Any ideas on this matter would be great.... I think that everyone is tired of going Jackson Racing...

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
VSC as well as any other FI kit is made as a kit. Therefore it will only work with the car it was made for. If you want to mdify it to fit another car, you could make some modifications, but not really worth cost wise.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Let me see, VSC run off of the belt that can be easily be switch with you PS... Which in case should not be hard to convert... Should all you need is some injectors and some piping? Bolt the charger in place of the PS location and then run some piping to the intake, make the other precautions that needed to be make then install your injectors, gauge,and so on and so on right? My guess is the only hard part in modding one of these to work on any car is bolting up the charger to a good spot to be used next to your belt, in which I would pick PS... Correct me if I am wrong...

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
ginyu6869 said:
LOL! That looks very similar to the A/C kit. In case you didn't know, that blower in the auction is a roots type blower. Thats the same as the ones that JR uses as well as GM/Ford/Mercedes/etc uses from the factory on SC applications.

Its very reliable and gives great torque down low because of how its built and works.

Info here, here, and the thread itself

Although not the pictures are no longer working, you can still see the ones in the last link.

Lets stay on topic here though shall we. You mentioned VSC, not a roots SC so here is one that is really custom made from the B16 kit to fit in a B17 G2 teg.

And here is his dyno:

Like I said before it comes as a kit. You can make it fit and custom work everything, but it would be too cost ineffective and therefore not worth the money when you could go out and buy something that makes a lot more power for less money and less headache.

·
Registered
131 Posts
?

ginyu6869 said:
Let me see, VSC run off of the belt that can be easily be switch with you PS... Which in case should not be hard to convert... Should all you need is some injectors and some piping? Bolt the charger in place of the PS location and then run some piping to the intake, make the other precautions that needed to be make then install your injectors, gauge,and so on and so on right? My guess is the only hard part in modding one of these to work on any car is bolting up the charger to a good spot to be used next to your belt, in which I would pick PS... Correct me if I am wrong...
Its possible.. you could also run it to the AC
check this ride out in this link

http://www.hondata.com/ramair.html

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know that it can be done... I think pretty easy to, as it doesn't look hard...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts