Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
yea i just bought one too. is the installation easy?? is it useful if i lower my vtec .....say to 4,000 rpm?? and how should i adjust the fuel control?? tahnx

·
Registered
192 Posts
if youve got vtec + turbo..

Wouldent be able to tune your turbo engine by just eliminating vtec all together?? I herd many people doing this

·
Registered
896 Posts
Re: if youve got vtec + turbo..

XLR8 GS-R said:
Wouldent be able to tune your turbo engine by just eliminating vtec all together?? I herd many people doing this
i doubt the trouble you save eliminating VTEC makes up for the power loss due to not having it...

·
Registered
643 Posts
Re: if youve got vtec + turbo..

XLR8 GS-R said:
only all out race cars eliminate Vtec. They do this by using Vtec killer cams. Disabling Vtec will make your car pretty much undrivable. You will have a huge power drop off shortly after your engagement point if you run on the low cam. And you will have slim to no low end if you ride on the high cam.

What ppl don't understand is that when they get a piggy back computer and change their crossover point they aren't changing the fuel and ignition points on the stock ECM's maps. The stock computer's maps drasticly change at crossover. If you change the crossover via a piggy back computer the proper fueling and ignition maps aren't there. There isn't anything wrong with adjusting the crossover point to the spot where it best suits your setup, BUT this needs to be done on a dyno. And the ign and fuel maps should be compensated.

Where is Bucks are you from XLR8 GSR ??

·
Registered
192 Posts
Thanks for the clear-up Dr. Drew

I herd of vtec killers before, but had no idea that it was for full out race aplications only. I live in washington crossing about 10 minutes away from new hope.. what about you??
Ken

·
Registered
643 Posts
I'm from Easton Allentown area. You ever come up this way ??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts