Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was surfing the net and I came across the overboost store website and they're selling a Vtec Conversion Kit. Its some hoses and a gasket. Is there such a thing as making an Prelude SI into a Vtec?
If its possible please tell. Have any of you guys been successful at it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
115 Posts
YEAH SURE

93Nappa said:
I was surfing the net and I came across the overboost store website and they're selling a Vtec Conversion Kit. Its some hoses and a gasket. Is there such a thing as making an Prelude SI into a Vtec?
If its possible please tell. Have any of you guys been successful at it?
Many of us have suceeded at this conversion just buy that kit and throw it on


an H22 motor then take your engine out, throw the new motor in the car and VIOLA! VTEC :number1
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,221 Posts
Wait I think you should post the link to this kit...I totally want to see what these guys are selling here.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
866 Posts
99% sure that it will be the items required for a LS/VTEC or CRVTEC head swap.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,505 Posts
what are you retarded?

What kind of idiot would switch motors, when he could just buy this kit you talk of?

You know, you're right, all this motor swapping, headswapping crap is BS. buy this kit, an intake tornado, and get out there and kill you some ferraris!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,494 Posts
its got everything you need. Superturbo High Compression head gasket. Awesomely cool neato hose thingy. vtec magna little stud looking thing. Variable Valve switcharoo. The VVT whatchamacallit that looks like it goes with the Variable valve switcharoo. Some other little vtec piece, and of course the patented Vtec engagement marble
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,189 Posts
h22lude said:
its got everything you need. Superturbo High Compression head gasket. Awesomely cool neato hose thingy. vtec magna little stud looking thing. Variable Valve switcharoo. The VVT whatchamacallit that looks like it goes with the Variable valve switcharoo. Some other little vtec piece, and of course the patented Vtec engagement marble
^ :rolleyes :clap :hehe I need a new variable valve swithcharoo. Where can I find the JDM one?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,517 Posts
from www.goldeneaglemfg.com

- We now have a Full Vtec Conversion System for people that want to use an LS/VTEC or B20/VTEC set-up.
- This kit is the easiest and most complete way to supply oil to the head without any machining required and is very clean and reliable.

The kit includes:
- 1. Golden Eagle Vtec Conversion Sandwich Plate with a -6AN fitting for the plate and head.
- 2. -6AN steel braided teflon hose for oil supply
- 3. Golden Eagle Vtec Conversion Dowels for proper alignment of the head and block without machining
- 4. 1/8 NPT tap and plug for the oil port in the head
- 5. Golden Eagle worked factory head gasket with any bore size and dowel holes opened for any application

-When we say " NO Machining " we mean that there is no reason that anyone cannot do this kit in their own garage. - The only thing that must be done is tapping the head for the plug .
- The VTEC line and fitting all use existing ports with no need to do anything else.
- Sold as a kit with full instructions.
- Individual parts can be purchased separately.

if you're still confused then i dont know what else to say :idiots
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Dang you guys are good. Thanks for all the help.
Ok, just to clear things up. If I had a 1.8L LS integra I could make it Vtec by just connecting some oil hoses. But being that I have a 2.3L prelude I cant do anything unless I find a 1.8L head at the junk yard.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,861 Posts
93Nappa said:
Dang you guys are good. Thanks for all the help.
Ok, just to clear things up. If I had a 1.8L LS integra I could make it Vtec by just connecting some oil hoses. But being that I have a 2.3L prelude I cant do anything unless I find a 1.8L head at the junk yard.
No, you can not put a b series head on an h series block. Stop what you are doing right now, locate a mirror, and kick yourself in balls.

IF you had an integra (anything other than a gsr or type r) you would STILL need more components then the head too. camshafts, new engine ecu to control the VTEC aspect of your car, etc...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
571 Posts
vtec head

WTF-- You are going to put a 1.8l Vtec head from a b series onto a h series (h23). You would need a h22 head and that kit looks like it is made to supply the correct amount of oil required for entering into vtec.. The h23a engine was not made to rev to 7,000 rpm and the stock block does not have the plumbing for the vtec oil squitters -- Man if I was you I would either turbo the h23a with like 6 or 7 psi or buy an h22a engine swap cause you are going to blow your engine up with the frankenstein motor you created...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well, thanks for everyone's help. Turboing the car is another story. 1st off finding a reliable turbo is hard to find let alone someone realible to put it in perfectly (in Vegas anyhow). I guess I can't do anything else to my prelude besides the basic upgrades I did (exhaust, intake, headers). Thanks everyone.
:D
If anyone else has any other suggestions do tell.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
440 Posts
wow :bh
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top