Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
vtec help all wires are hooked up

I replaced my head gasket then went and drove it and no vtec what is wrong usually kicks at 4400 94 gsr help thanks

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
you sure you replugged the vtec solenoid line? try resetting the ecu and checking all your connections. is the motor choking or bogging?

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
hobie237 said:
i was gonna ask if there were any other symptoms...
lol sorry :(

well i'm hoping he figured it out and that it's just the line or something easily fixed. it'd suck to have to tear apart the head again to figure out wtf happened.

·
Registered
5,438 Posts
flyracerx said:
lol sorry :(

well i'm hoping he figured it out and that it's just the line or something easily fixed. it'd suck to have to tear apart the head again to figure out wtf happened.

that would suck... its probly the line or something stupid like that... happens all the time... and you just want to :bh :bh :bh :bh

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
hobie237 said:
that would suck... its probly the line or something stupid like that... happens all the time... and you just want to :bh :bh :bh :bh
yeah, it'd really suck if you already took the head off and you realize it's just that.. oh man.. :bh :bh :bh :bh :bh

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
all the wires are hooked up anthing else you know could the head gasket not be letting enough oil through thanks

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Did you do it yourself? Make sure you have the right headgasket. I know the ls headgasket looks very similar except no hole for the vtec oil supply line.

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
A_White_GS-R said:
Did you do it yourself? Make sure you have the right headgasket. I know the ls headgasket looks very similar except no hole for the vtec oil supply line.
damn that would suck.

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
CRVTEC0WNZJ00 said:
That would seriously suck...then you'd have to get a new headgasket and do it all over again...I don't know what to tell yah.
i had my flipped upside down when i rebuilt my head with the cams and valvetrain. i guess we were stupid and were rushing shit out. so we fucked up the first step. and ended up redoing it over. it wasnt all that bad..we knew wat we were doing but shit creless mistakes do get u sometimes. so when we fired it up it started spittin oul everywhere :D

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
i saw your other post.

did you already replace the headgasket and you're still not getting VTEC? if you have.. are you sure you have a GS-R motor? if you haven't, you should really look to see if you have a b18b1 gasket in there instead of the b18c1.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Its either the wrong headgasket or it was upside down or maybe he just didnt put enough oil in it after starting up again. maybe the solenoid is clogged. Any updates?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts