Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys, i need some help here...i placed a stage 2 skunk2 cams with skunk2 valve springs, skunk2 retainers and skunk2 racing valves...now my problem is my vtec hesitates when it engages at 5,500 rpm until 6000rpm. i already bought a new vtec solenoid and new fuel pressure regulator but the problem keeps going on. i have used a spoon ecu but still when the vtec engages at 4,800 rpm it hesitates until 6000rpm with the spoon ecu when i use the stock ecu it also hesitates until 6000rpm. i also checked the oil level everythings fine. do you know what seems to be the problem? have anyone encountered that prob? can anyone help me. my car is still in mint condition and is running at 24k miles thanx a lot!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
we haven't yet tuned the car because we can't solve the problem with the vtec. i'm planning to switch to stock cams so that we could check if it's really teh cams or there is something worng with the vtec itself.

·
Registered
236 Posts
^ Bingo!
Contact Skunk2 (or check the paper work that came with the cams if any) and find out where they want the VTEC set. Then get the ECU tweeked (ala Hondata, Chrome, Uberdata ect) or run a VAFC.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Hondaid said:
^ Bingo!
Contact Skunk2 (or check the paper work that came with the cams if any) and find out where they want the VTEC set. Then get the ECU tweeked (ala Hondata, Chrome, Uberdata ect) or run a VAFC.
I would use one of the first three mentioned instead of the VFAC. Find out what your tuner prefers so that he/she can give you the best tune possible.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.