Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know if it is possible to have a light wired to your vtec so that it lights up when vtec is engaged and goes off when it disengages? Just thought it might be a cool thing to have?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
roarinhonda94 said:
Anybody know if it is possible to have a light wired to your vtec so that it lights up when vtec is engaged and goes off when it disengages? Just thought it might be a cool thing to have?

Thanks
don't they sell those ricey lights on ebay?

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
I beleive you tap into a couple of wires or sensors in the engine bay itself or something. Look around on this site and run a search for VTEC Light, or go to a search engine like yahoo and run a search there. Many places will tell you how to do it yourself and custom make your own VTEC Light.

This was a hot thing a year or so ago man.....but some people took it too far and made it into a stupid lil riceboy thing.....i mean like HUGE blocks of plastic with lights in them to illuminate the word VTEC. Kinda stupid you know what i mean?
But this VTEC light can be done quite well if you use your imagination and do it yourself.
I saw one guy who drilled a hole in his gauge cluster and flush mounted a blue led into it for his VTEC light. It actuallly looked kinda cool, so do something original and you should be set.

·
Registered
36 Posts
u tap into theyellow with a gren stripe thats pinned to the ecu, or either the vtec solenoid wire under the hood, both are the same wire, most people do it inside to keep unsightly wires down and for less current draw. but what ive heard is that u can remodify ur srs light and some hoe make it say vtec and run this to the wire. let me know if anyone has any answers.

·
Premium Member
2,675 Posts
I've seen ppl have there cel light up when vtec hits, thats actually not to rice ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts