Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

· Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Downshift your mouth BUDDY!

Hey Guyz and Chicks.
I'm back. I've been waiting to get back in the game. Some of you might remember my post around the end of November. It caused quite a stir with the engine mod guru's. I took a D16Z6 block and topped it with a '95 VX, D15Z1 head. This means a 1.6 VTEC block with a 1.5 VTEC-E head. Higher compression. LOTS of NUTS. Lots of tinkering too. I remember 2 or 3 others that were in the process of trying the same swap when this site went cold. I wanted to check and see what they ended up with and tell you all how mine ended up. Let me know if you all want to hear about it. Oh yeah, I have a '94 Civic EX. Intake. Exhaust. VX trans. Ported head.

· Registered
714 Posts
Did you ever get those dyno sheets? I was thinking of trying something like this but i need to know if it is worth it.

· Registered
1,893 Posts
yeah man did you get the dyno sheets... i was interested in seeing them... i think you may remember that i was one of the ones who wasn't ready to throw bad remarks till i saw the proof... where's it at?

· Registered
936 Posts
madtownhonda said:
that VX trans is killing you....long gears suck, get the EX or Si trans you'll be much happier
Long gears let you accelerate longer without having to shift...

· Premium Member
3,213 Posts
BlackDeuceCoupe said:
and they're great with turbo's or super chargers.:p , long gears don't kill nothing, they better with certain setup's

· Registered
2,120 Posts
come on y'all...lets chant...DYNO SHEETS, DYNO SHEETS, DYNO SHEETS.

i remember this post back in the ol SHO forum, im still curious about this.

· Premium Member
3,213 Posts
DYNO SHEETS, DYNO SHEETS, DYNO SHEETSDYNO SHEETS, DYNO SHEETS, DYNO SHEETSDYNO SHEETS, DYNO SHEETS, DYNO SHEETSDYNO SHEETS, DYNO SHEETS, DYNO SHEETSDYNO SHEETS, DYNO SHEETS, DYNO SHEETSDYNO SHEETS, DYNO SHEETS, DYNO SHEETSDYNO SHEETS, DYNO SHEETS, DYNO SHEETSDYNO SHEETS, DYNO SHEETS, DYNO SHEETSDYNO SHEETS, DYNO SHEETS, DYNO SHEETSDYNO SHEETS, DYNO SHEETS, DYNO SHEETSDYNO SHEETS, DYNO SHEETS, DYNO SHEETSDYNO SHEETS, DYNO SHEETS, DYNO SHEETSDYNO SHEETS, DYNO SHEETS, DYNO SHEETSDYNO SHEETS, DYNO SHEETS, DYNO SHEETSDYNO SHEETS, DYNO SHEETS, DYNO SHEETSDYNO SHEETS, DYNO SHEETS, DYNO SHEETSDYNO SHEETS, DYNO SHEETS, DYNO SHEETSDYNO SHEETS, DYNO SHEETS, DYNO SHEETSDYNO SHEETS, DYNO SHEETS, DYNO SHEETSDYNO SHEETS, DYNO SHEETS, DYNO SHEETSDYNO SHEETS, DYNO SHEETS, DYNO SHEETSDYNO SHEETS, DYNO SHEETS, DYNO SHEETSDYNO SHEETS, DYNO SHEETS, DYNO SHEETSDYNO SHEETS, DYNO SHEETS, DYNO SHEETSDYNO SHEETS, DYNO SHEETS, DYNO SHEETSDYNO SHEETS, DYNO SHEETS, DYNO SHEETSDYNO SHEETS, DYNO SHEETS, DYNO SHEETSDYNO SHEETS, DYNO SHEETS, DYNO SHEETSDYNO SHEETS, DYNO SHEETS, DYNO SHEETSDYNO SHEETS, DYNO SHEETS, DYNO SHEETSDYNO SHEETS, DYNO SHEETS, DYNO SHEETSDYNO SHEETS, DYNO SHEETS, DYNO SHEETSDYNO SHEETS, DYNO SHEETS, DYNO SHEETSDYNO SHEETS, DYNO SHEETS, DYNO SHEETSDYNO SHEETS, DYNO SHEETS, DYNO SHEETSDYNO SHEETS, DYNO SHEETS, DYNO SHEETSDYNO SHEETS, DYNO SHEETS, DYNO SHEETS:eek:

· Registered
296 Posts
uncald4 said:
Hey Guyz and Chicks.
I'm back... I remember 2 or 3 others that were in the process of trying the same swap when this site went cold...I wanted to check and see what they ended up with and tell you all how mine ended up. Let me know if you all want to hear about it...
Let's have it - spit it out! How did yours turn out? And if you are one of "those 2 or 3 that were in the process" speak up - and fill us in... We are all dying to hear the results and see the dynos of THE MOST CONTROVERSIAL THREAD IN SUPERHONDA HISTORY.

· Registered
296 Posts
"SohcVtecTurboHatch" - how come when I click on your website I see a bunch of pictures of your normally aspirated DOHC integra... when your screenname is sohc vtec turbo hatch? You want an EX powered turbo hatchback or something... I'm confused... and how are you making avg. of 65 posts per day!? Damn thats alot.

· Premium Member
3,213 Posts
GroundControl said:
"SohcVtecTurboHatch" - how come when I click on your website I see a bunch of pictures of your normally aspirated DOHC integra... when your screenname is sohc vtec turbo hatch? You want an EX powered turbo hatchback or something... I'm confused... and how are you making avg. of 65 posts per day!? Damn thats alot.
I had a Digital Camera back then, don't have one now so no pics of my current whip, Sorry!:eek:
And 65 post per day, if that is my avg it's because i'm a whore, you should try it!

· Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No more for me folks.

Dyno sheets....

You guys crack me up. I'm done with the performance stuff for now. I got my car impounded when I got pulled over about 3 weeks ago. I've had about 13 or 14 tickets since the time I started all these aftermarket goodies. I've been on the Washington State Frequent Ticket Payment Program for about 3 years now. It finally caught up to me. I've had to pay about $3000 to get my lisence and car back. And almost every ticket that I got wasn't for speeding. Only because I had a Civic. And they found stuff wrong once they had me pulled over. Exhaust, tint, aux. lights, etc. I just can't afford it anymore. I also have a daughter turning 2 on the 3rd of March. I need to be a good dad for her. Sorry guys. My priorities are not where they were in November. I'm just going to keep the ol' Civic as close to stock as I can. Good luck to everyone else.- Travis..

· Registered
1,221 Posts
BlackDeuceCoupe said:
yeah, but if your car isnt making power up where you eventually do need to shift, those gears are hurting you...and if they arent cut to be have good shift points, they dont help either.....such as how the GSR gearing is great to stay in VTEC and right around the secondary runners area...whereas a celica GTS drops out of its VVTL-i range because toyota was too concerned to get 1st and 2nd to get to 60mph rather than gearing it correctly.

· Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Tranny Licks!

I feel your concern bro.
I don't care to much for the VX tranny right now. It takes a bit more to hit VTEC at 4700rpm's. But In first I can pull hard when VTEC hits all the way to 60mph before redline, 2nd gear until 80, 3rd until 125. Do you see the problem? WTF do I do with 4th and 5th? I so wish that I had a good EX tranny like I started with. If I had tons of torque.... this wouldn't bother me. But dude, she's a 1.6. I couldn't imagine driving a VX Civic with no nuts and this evil tranny to boot. Awsome gas mileage though. Like I gives a damn. HUH?

· Registered
155 Posts
Uncald4,

Im assuming you got your car out of the impound lot? And if so, it sounds like you are still running the D16z6 with the VX head and tranny right?? Thats what it sounds like in your posts.

If this is the case, I want to urge you to get that car onto a dyno however possible, and I think that everyone here on this board would love to see the results. I bet a lot of people are starting to think that your just BS'ing us. And, for people to be thinking that you are BS'ing this whole thing would be a very bad thing if you actually were not.

So how about this, find out how much the local dyno shop wants, and how much its gonna cost you to drive there, & get your car dyno'd. Post a $$ figure here on this thread and I will start of a collection to pay for your dyno run by committing $5 to you. Anyone else wants to chip in a dollar or two, just say so and maybe we can help this man get his car on the dyno.

· Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It was all just a JOKE !!

Right!?
You guys crack me up. I've heard more Honda Tech's say that this couldn't be done than anyone else. All I have to say to Honda Tech's that can swap a timing belt with their eyes closed is, " DUDE OPEN YOUR DAMN EYES AND LEARN A THING OR THREE." I'm not a freakin genius here people. But I can sure see how shat lines up. How a shorter head can boost compression. Look, I'm pulling the head in a week or two to replace the headgasket. It will be out of impound on the 24th. I would love to take pictures and post them on this piece. Instead of listening to your friends, why don't you guys try looking at how your car runs. What it takes to pull it apart and put it back together. If I just gave you all some dyno sheets and proved that what I did boosted my output.... You guys wouldn't have a clue why. Or how it even worked. Let's hear some congats. Or " Wow, dude, I didn't know that could work." All you need to do is turn a damn wrench. And pay attention. Quit listening to other people that don't know.
Anyways... Thanks.. Travis.

· Registered
296 Posts
Yep, that last post pretty much settled it for me... you are a fake. "I'm not going to prove that my unheard of exotic engine frankenstein gained power... Yall just have to turn a wrench and find out yourselves" what a load of crap - people want to see a dyno because they dont want to fuck up there car trusting someone over the internet that is unwilling to post up any proof. And who cares if you have all this other stuff to deal with and pay for and you're not doing performance anymore... blah blah. You did this ghetto ass headswap - it's done- so show us what the fuck hp/tq it makes Dammit! Don't come onto a webboard bragging about your tires breaking loose when your vtec engages and all this crap then say you dont have to prove anything to anyone. That is fucking gay... and your SHO name is gay as hell too "uncald4" you must be one gay bullshitting homosexual.

· Registered
36 Posts
Hey GroundControl

I noticed in your sig that you're planning on getting the Gude Camshaft. Any reason why? Who is the WHP on your current setup? I'm curious. I have the head package and without the A/F tuned, I've got it dynoed at 128WHP. Just curious......

p.s. does the P28 chip help? How?

1 - 20 of 80 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.