Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to be getting a 4th gen (if i could ever find one in my area), but I was wondering if I should get the vtec or the si? i always thought the later year 4th gen si's had vtec engines...but a friend told me they didn't. Thanks for any info-

· Registered
4,212 Posts
Re: more...

spook said:
cool, thanks, so does that mean all 1994-1996 prelude si's have vtec engines in them? (sorry, i can never remember the h22/h23 dif.) thanks-
its actually 93-96 Prelude VTEC have the H22A1 190hp engine. 92-96 Prelude Si have H23A which is DOHC non-VTEC 165hp or maybe 160.

96 Prelude VTEC has OBDII ecu which has 2 o2 sensors, and really limits gains from bolt ons, unless you do a OBDII to OBDI turnaround then it will work, but you would be better off buying a 93-95 VTEC if youre going for the VTEC model.

· Registered
4,212 Posts
Re: thanks!

spook said:
thanks for all the info!

will look for a '95 prelude vtec :D

thanks!
Good luck on the hunt, but 93-95 are the same, but all different is the interior.. i believe 94-95 are all leather and have different insturment clusters, center console with a damn arm rest and cup holder which the 93's didnt come with, and only with fabric seats, but still bucket seats though., and no arm rest nor cup holders.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah, i like the newer console, and leather seats are quite nice, plus the newer the better i would guess...

anyway, thanks a bunch, appreciate all the information!

:D someday i'll be a 'lude ownin member of this board.

· Registered
14,553 Posts
Prelude1897 said:
Get the VTEC prelude, and be sure its a 5spd...You wont regret it
VTEC's dont come with automatics so you wont have to worry about finding one that isnt a 5spd:p

also you should look for a 4ws like i have. too bad its not vtec but i think i go fast enough anyways:rolleyes:

· Registered
4,850 Posts
Re: Re: thanks!

H22 Bastard said:
Good luck on the hunt, but 93-95 are the same, but all different is the interior.. i believe 94-95 are all leather and have different insturment clusters, center console with a damn arm rest and cup holder which the 93's didnt come with, and only with fabric seats, but still bucket seats though., and no arm rest nor cup holders.
94-95s have a digital odo and an armrest with cupholders... but the 93s had leather too, i know because mine does!

· Registered
4,850 Posts
spook said:
yeah, i like the newer console, and leather seats are quite nice, plus the newer the better i would guess...

anyway, thanks a bunch, appreciate all the information!

:D someday i'll be a 'lude ownin member of this board.
i dunno, i'm kind of stuck between the two, i like me 93 console because its less bulky, but i wish it had cup holders!

· Registered
71 Posts
go for vtec

if i was you i would be a 93-96 prelude vtec...i have a si, 2.3L and am not likin it because my little brother has a 93 prelude vtec and my dad has a 94 prelude vtec. it really sucks if your little bro and dad has a faster prelude than you... dont worry i will save and either rebuilt my engine with skunk2'crower or drop a H22A4 engine in my prelude...maybe then i will be victorious once again...GO FOR THE VTEC

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.