Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if the dealer will sell me just one of those Vtec pistons in the rocker arms? I'm missing just one in the head that I got and need to replace it.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Damn... looks like they want me to buy the whole rocker arm for $120. That sucks. I guess I can try the junkyard.

Anyone have a spare VTEC piston? :rolleyes: I need the short one that goes in the side arm (without the spring). :D It's the Y8 head, BTW.

Thanks for the link!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah, it's a solid piece of steel (I think) in the shape of a cylinder about 1 cm across the top and 1 cm tall. The VTEC system works magnetically, right? I mean, solenoids work using an induced magnetic field from coiled current so I'm just guessing the pistons in the rocker arms get pulled over to one side and lock each other together.

I would worry about getting the measurements perfectly if a machine shop made it. As for a junkyard, pick-your-parts in LA NEVER has VTEC engines so I guess I'll have to call around.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.