Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have B16A with intake and exaust I was wanting to know if a skunk2 chiped ecu that hits vtec at 4,200 rpm would bog out

·
Registered
10,272 Posts
yeah those chips are worthless.

stay stock until you have decent mods such as cams...then get it dyno tuned

·
Registered
48 Posts
as the others have stated, do save your money at this point. Not all chipped ecu's are worthless. Every motor requires tuning to run at its full potential. If you want to learn about making a program on your own, look into uberdata. I tell all the people I sell chipped ecu's to, the more mods you have done, such as cams, pistons, head work, etc., the more a chipped ecu will benefit you. As for answering your question about bogging, your motor wont necessarily bog at vtec being that low, but the generic skunk2 chip will make your car run REALLY rich, thus a lot of fuel not being used efficiently.

·
Registered
10,272 Posts
Well yeah a tuned car is different.....but if you just buy a chipped ECU it's a tune for a car thousands of miles away at a different elevation, different ambient temperature, different mods....oh yeah and a DIFFERENT car

·
Registered
27 Posts
iH8RICERZ said:
as the others have stated, do save your money at this point. Not all chipped ecu's are worthless. Every motor requires tuning to run at its full potential. If you want to learn about making a program on your own, look into uberdata. I tell all the people I sell chipped ecu's to, the more mods you have done, such as cams, pistons, head work, etc., the more a chipped ecu will benefit you. As for answering your question about bogging, your motor wont necessarily bog at vtec being that low, but the generic skunk2 chip will make your car run REALLY rich, thus a lot of fuel not being used efficiently.
Dude, I'm diggin your teg.... My bro has a 95 gsr, white like yours.. He just got it and is lookin to do some work to it this summer... I'm diggin those wheels too.. He's been debating on whether to go black, or broze kinda like yours...

Also, I'm havin trouble seein how you're runnin 14.55 qt mile with only 167 to the wheels... Must be quick on the shift yo... Hell, my buddies SI is running 160 to the wheels and can't seem to do much better than 15.5 or so...

·
Registered
624 Posts
davidn71 said:
Also, I'm havin trouble seein how you're runnin 14.55 qt mile with only 167 to the wheels... Must be quick on the shift yo... Hell, my buddies SI is running 160 to the wheels and can't seem to do much better than 15.5 or so...
The SI is a torqueless wonder, and maybe he doesn't know how to drive.

·
Registered
5,517 Posts
davidn71 said:
that is entirely possible. my brother with a 96 gsr ran a 14.6 with ~160whp.

·
Banned
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
umm well a stock gsre isnt going to ever see 14's without slicks and for 167 whp with traction I can see the integ doing a mid 14

1 - 12 of 12 Posts