Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey in the 1/4 time thread u said u ghettoed your intake---ive heard of that ----but the short shifter??? how did u pull that off?

in response to-->got some new times..
Mods: ghetto intake/ghetto shortshifter/catback
weight reduction: fron passangers seat/spare tire
vehicle weight: 2950lbs with me in it

Report this post to a moderator |

08-12-2002 10:30 PM

· Registered
1,229 Posts
cutting the shifter doesn't give u a shorter throw...u have to get a whole short shifter kit for that...cutting the shifter just gives u an edge on shifting..cuz holding it lower gives a slightly quicker feel...

· Registered
459 Posts
RedLude97 said:
he probably cut his stock shifter down, there are some old threads on it. It requires some welding etc, do a search for it.
No, I did not cut my stock shifter, I took a couple zipties, a bolt and a piece of aluminum about 4 inches by 1 inch, I drilled holes on each end of the piece of aluminum, bolted the stock shifter cable to the top hole, and the bottom hole, I bolted that onto the bottom where the stock shifter cable attached to the shifter, then I got soem zip ties, and zip tied it to to the shifter to the piece of aluminum would not move. here some pic..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.