Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In first gear, my 2000 si wont switch over, it just started this yesterday, second third fourth and fifth are fine but in first gear, no vtec. I havent found out for sure whether fifth is ok but I dont need that bad of a ticket right now. It has 130,000 miles on it and 4000 on the current oil change but I use full synthetic. I know thats alot of miles but for about a year I drove from Cherry Point to Winston Salem every weekend. Any help would be great.

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
2000redCIVICsi said:
In first gear, my 2000 si wont switch over, it just started this yesterday, second third fourth and fifth are fine but in first gear, no vtec. I havent found out for sure whether fifth is ok but I dont need that bad of a ticket right now. It has 130,000 miles on it and 4000 on the current oil change but I use full synthetic. I know thats alot of miles but for about a year I drove from Cherry Point to Winston Salem every weekend. Any help would be great.
hmm do u have oil in it ?any cel light?

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oil checks out good

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
you broke your si.......
well, maybe not but you might consider seeking aid from a Honda mechanic. 130k miles is quite a few.
best of luck with that.

·
Registered
425 Posts
LevelSevenCivic said:
you broke your si.......
well, maybe not but you might consider seeking aid from a Honda mechanic. 130k miles is quite a few.
best of luck with that.
130k miles aint shit i got a friend with a 93 prelude with right at 196k running as strong as the day it came off the lot....its a honda bro it will run till high 300's if well cared for

·
Registered
307 Posts
shaDDy said:
130k miles aint shit i got a friend with a 93 prelude with right at 196k running as strong as the day it came off the lot....its a honda bro it will run till high 300's if well cared for

He's talking about the number of miles he put on in a short amount of time. Seems like hes driving 26k miles per year. Which is a lot! Your friend, in comparison, is only driving around 15-16k miles per year.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i drive ALOT. i bought the car 2 years ago with 67,000 miles on it. i didnt know it this was a normal thing with milage that i would have to work on but then again how many 2000 si's have 130,000 miles. i guess ill just go to honda, unless anyone want to get rid of an h22............

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
LevelSevenCivic said:
you broke your si.......
best of luck with that.
why need a honda mechanic?

first off...does he have a check engine light on?

how sure is he that vtec doesnt engage in 1st gear? wat kinda maintence has he done for the car with all those miles on it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts