Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Premium Member
13,997 Posts
LAblue said:
my bf and i are debating on 4th gen lude vtek engaging point? is it 6000rpm or 5700?
You're both wrong and even the question is wrong , you're always in a VTEC mode , you're referring to the HIGHCAM VTEC MODE....

-- Also its 5000rpm when you should engage into HIGH-CAM VTEC mode , if you have low-oil or your valves need adjustment , it might engage higher/later.

· Registered
12,727 Posts
well how would anyone know using the stock tach...I thought it was off by a lot.

· Registered
882 Posts
the actual crossover point is 5200...this is straight from Honda...also it will vary a little by oil pressure, and throttle position, the ecu determines load and throttle position, so if your at like 30 percent throttle, it will engage a little later, but nowhere near the 5700 or 6k you two are talking about

· Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thank you every one 4 replying :) we were both wrong course :) weve been around b series too long thats why :)

ps: course i know its vtec :rolleyes: , just feel like posting vtek to see how many people get crack up :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.