Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yeah i just test drove a 2003 gti 1.8t i was very impressed, its got load of torque at low rpms, no crazy spike in the powerband no-turbo lag, thanks to vw's new bypass valve and the turbi sounded ososweet, a very nice pssst around 4k and up, i want to sell my si to biuy one, plus you cant beat the quality and lux of german crafted leather interior!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
185 Posts
vw's are very expensive to maintain when they get old ... turbo a honda and have fun !
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,314 Posts
VW's aren't as expensive to repair as they used to be, there are a lot more of them around, and the parts are much more readily available than they used to be, so if this is what would keep you from getting the 1.8T, don't let it. These cars can easily rival most imports on the street now, and theyve got that nice German interior styling to boot, just like you said. The leather in them is so nice!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
gregzimmerman10 said:
VW's aren't as expensive to repair as they used to be, there are a lot more of them around, and the parts are much more readily available than they used to be, so if this is what would keep you from getting the 1.8T, don't let it. These cars can easily rival most imports on the street now, and theyve got that nice German interior styling to boot, just like you said. The leather in them is so nice!
indeed! im just infatuated with turbo motors and their tuning potential, also im sorry man but a car with gobs of torque is just alot of fun to drive
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,314 Posts
OSOVTEC said:
indeed! im just infatuated with turbo motors and their tuning potential, also im sorry man but a car with gobs of torque is just alot of fun to drive
Not understanding, your sorry, but a car with gobs of torque is just a lot of fun to drive..... i agree, what did i say to contradict that?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
gregzimmerman10 said:
Not understanding, your sorry, but a car with gobs of torque is just a lot of fun to drive..... i agree, what did i say to contradict that?
nothing i was aiming that statement at the general audience of this honda forum
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,837 Posts
I like VW's, I used to think I would never get one, but with the amount of added maintenence I'm putting into my turbo honda, I think I could probably deal with one, and possibly be happier, oh well, I don't really need a car payment.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,314 Posts
OSOVTEC said:
nothing i was aiming that statement at the general audience of this honda forum
Oh, got ya... I tought I said something that contradicted myself.... I think the new VW's maybe take over a good part of the import market, with the new models coming out that are geared more toward younger people, IMO
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Peteex said:
I like VW's, I used to think I would never get one, but with the amount of added maintenence I'm putting into my turbo honda, I think I could probably deal with one, and possibly be happier, oh well, I don't really need a car payment.

your car is sweet man!, what kind of problems you having with it
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
832 Posts
I agree w/ you guys. I've also fallen in lvoe with the 1.8T

We yesterday we just put a turbo inlet pipe, CAI and a 3" turbo back exhaust on his 1.8T Jetta and it was a blast. It's so plush inside w/ all the leather.

I'm considering selling my Prelude and picking up a GTI 20th Edition or one of the Turbo S Bettles
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
832 Posts
vinces ass said:
uhhh...turbo s beetle?
i feel like shooting myself in the head.
wait. itd be much easier to do you:D
i say stick with the 1.8 jetta or gti
lol - I hated the beetle when they first came out, but I dunno they've grown on me
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Taikonaut said:
I agree w/ you guys. I've also fallen in lvoe with the 1.8T

We yesterday we just put a turbo inlet pipe, CAI and a 3" turbo back exhaust on his 1.8T Jetta and it was a blast. It's so plush inside w/ all the leather.

I'm considering selling my Prelude and picking up a GTI 20th Edition or one of the Turbo S Bettles
ohh fuck, those anniversary gti's are EXTREMELY HARD TO FIND
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top