Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has any 1 here ever used vynl spray? what brand did you use and howd it turn out? how much per can? how many cans u go through? and also what is thius talk about clear coat , dont u just spray the crap on where u want it painted? or do u gotta coat shit a few times? thanks sorry for all the questions but im very interested sounds alot cheaper than buying new dash board and crap

· Registered
112 Posts
well i use SEM"s but what you do is get this paint sticker called bulldog and spray a light coat over your plastics and then go on to the vynl paint and its goung to take like 1 to 1 1/2 cans depending on what you want to spray and spray light coatsso the paint wont chip off , cuz if you put heavy coats it will chip off real easy.

· Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rickbirdman said:
well i use SEM"s but what you do is get this paint sticker called bulldog and spray a light coat over your plastics and then go on to the vynl paint and its goung to take like 1 to 1 1/2 cans depending on what you want to spray and spray light coatsso the paint wont chip off , cuz if you put heavy coats it will chip off real easy.

ok, so i i have to get a paint sticker? and spray a lite coat of vynl spray over the sticker? im kinda lost... that looks nice.... i plan on doing the dash board and such and mine will probably be blue....

· Registered
112 Posts
bulldog is a spray that makes paint stick to your vents or what ever your painting , and plastics i ment as n the plastic vents . but its all good your not buggin i just didnt explain it the detailed

· Registered
112 Posts
well yeah but make sure you spray thin coats and paint untill you only see blue and make sure they are even coats

· Registered
138 Posts
when i did my interior i did my whole interior i used like 9-10 cans i got them mixed to a certain color so it was 15 dollars a can. I did not use any clear coat cause in my opinion thats to glossy, but with no clear coat you have to be much more careful inside the car with scratching it

· Registered
24 Posts
I'm painting my plastics now. I use Krylon Semi-Gloss, but it also comes in Satin, no Gloss, Semi-Gloss, and High-Gloss. It takes about 8-12 coats, but it's really good stuff. I'll post up a pic in a while. Make sure you clean everything well, scrub it well with a really strong cleaner, like laquer thinner. As for my vinyl, I'm getting it professional dyed blue and white at MAACO. I'm getting a real good deal because I'm gonna take the parts out myself, saving me a whoppin $250.

· Registered
25 Posts
$15 a Can x 10 Cans?!?!

Wouldn't it have been cheaper to pay someone else to do it for you with real vinyl? Ie. $30 for a sheet of vinyl, and say $50 per hour for the guy to do it. Say 3 hours, maybe 4. That's max $230. But you spent lets see.. 10 cans x $15 = $150 + Whatever you feel your time is worth. I'm sorry for me I'd rather pay the $50 or so more, and have the actual color of vinyl that I want rather than painted. Less I'm missing something here.

· Registered
138 Posts
Re: $15 a Can x 10 Cans?!?!

Acoustix said:
Wouldn't it have been cheaper to pay someone else to do it for you with real vinyl? Ie. $30 for a sheet of vinyl, and say $50 per hour for the guy to do it. Say 3 hours, maybe 4. That's max $230. But you spent lets see.. 10 cans x $15 = $150 + Whatever you feel your time is worth. I'm sorry for me I'd rather pay the $50 or so more, and have the actual color of vinyl that I want rather than painted. Less I'm missing something here.
to each has its own i guess in i love the way that mine came out so i guess thats all that matters:cool:

· Registered
17 Posts
vinyl spray

I've been using this "specially formulated" interior color spray from G-2. I did my door panels so far . Looks pretty nice. The spray is really fine, so you can't do heavy coats. Each can costed me 16 bucks. Price varies at different places. Does anybody have any tips on doin the whole dash?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.