Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright check it. i got a civic ex, im interested in purchasing integra type-r engine. i found one on sale for 5k is that a good price? he said it comes with custom headers from japan the engine has 230hp. now what i want to do or should i do? once installing this engine wanna put a turbo, which turbo should i use?should i change the heads and cam? i will install full exhaust from intake to headres pipes. this will be all dyno tune. im tring to reach 300+hp at the wheels. is all this possible, and what dont i need to do? just want to get this car started. need to get as fast as my GTO.

·
Registered
388 Posts
do some research first, sounds like you are jumping the gun with so many ideas. going turbo is not the only way to reach you goal hp.
5k is the usual price for a 98+spec b18c5, you will find that once you do research on your goals you will find an answer to all of your own questions.
just a suggestion..

·
Registered
17,589 Posts
Lil CuCuay said:
alright check it. i got a civic ex, im interested in purchasing integra type-r engine. i found one on sale for 5k is that a good price? he said it comes with custom headers from japan the engine has 230hp. now what i want to do or should i do? once installing this engine wanna put a turbo, which turbo should i use?should i change the heads and cam? i will install full exhaust from intake to headres pipes. this will be all dyno tune. im tring to reach 300+hp at the wheels. is all this possible, and what dont i need to do? just want to get this car started. need to get as fast as my GTO.
NO NO NO NO NO :bash

dont waste the money on a type R if you wanna boost.

Buy a LS motor for way less, invest in forged internals, slap on a turbo, and youll have 300whp.

just read around, youll learn a lot.

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
Not only that but a JDM Type R doesn't put out 230hp regardless of having a "special header" on it. It's rated at 210hp and that is not "at the wheels". Not knocking it, still a great engine...and you can get one for at least 10% less than that price.

However it's true that you are wasting alot of money up front if boost and high hp are your goals.

I have a B18B swap for sale with a GSR trans, ready to drop into your 98 Civic with mounts and linkages. If you can wait til October to get it I'm selling it for $1100, but I won't be home to pull the engine til then. I also have an OBD1 engine computer with Hondata management installed, ready to tune your boost setup. I'll toss it on for another $200. So you'll have a complete swap for $1300 that you can drive on right now and be having fun while you pick your other parts. Sell your stock motor & trans and recover half that money too! Then you still have $4000+ to build and boost with.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what's the LS engine? look im new to this. i've had my civic since 99 bought it brand new. always wanted to do mods but i was a lil to scared didn't know what to buy, just got springs and a intake. i had a neigheor who was very knowledgable in honda's and i took him for granted. now with him out of my life im in the dark again. my goal is one day when ford GT pulls up on the side of me and rev's his engine, i just want to wave good bye. so i need help. i want to start with engine, if used i want with low miles. my stock engine is 7 years old and is at 48k so i don't drive that much. i appreciate all of your input. please bare with me.

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
you can get 230whp on your stock engine with a nice turbo kit and a good tune. On top of that you would be making that little thing called tq which is what you will not get with a swap alone.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.