Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

Want to start a CRX Meet but don't know where to start...

2K views 36 replies 12 participants last post by  88crix 
#1 ·
Hey guys, was wanting to set up a CRX meet for people in the area. I have never been to a Meet so I don't really know what is involved. Just wondering if anyone can tell me about some Meets they have been to and what is the difference between a 'good' Meet and a 'bad' Meet. I want this Meet to be a good time and worth is for everyone,...especially if people have to drive a bit to get here.

Thanks!

O yeah...happy Valentines Day. Hope you get some lovin' :hug

#2 ·
Thanks nijn. I was planning on doing something like a get-together to meet fellow Rexers in the surrounding area.
This would be so everyone could meet and would be able to meet and exchange contact info, etc. incase they are changing a fuel pump for example and haven't done it before but someone there has - kinda like a face-to-face forum. Have you ever been to something small like this - that's not at a National Event? I am thinking something like a car show, but where everyone would feel confortable to mingle, possible BBQ, and then we could go cruise afterwards. This was just some ideas I had, but I have never been to a "Meet" so I am unaware if I would be missing something crucial to make it worth everyone's time.
To notify people, I would probably post on the few forums I go to as well as post flyers at the local college, and around the area. I am sure there would be at least 5 people in my city that would come if they knew about it and I could have people in the surrounding cities put up the flyers as well. What do you think? Would you still come? What would be missing and what would intice you to come,...besides attractive women. :D If this event is too small for you and you are too far away - what do you think would intice others to come?

Anyone feel free to contibute ideas!

Justin

#6 ·
Well maybe it will be cool enough that you will want to come :rolleyes
Do you have any ideas of things that would make you want to come? Or would you just see "Local CRX Meet" and be excited :wow and go?

#8 ·
Dub N Rex said:
Well maybe it will be cool enough that you will want to come :rolleyes
Do you have any ideas of things that would make you want to come? Or would you just see "Local CRX Meet" and be excited :wow and go?
HAHA over 2000 miles for a meet, i would love to but would not happen, the only way i would drive 2000 miles is to buy a :bow CRX Sir :D and thats the only way i would go that far for a CRX

#9 ·
HAHA over 2000 miles for a meet, i would love to but would not happen, the only way i would drive 2000 miles is to buy a CRX Sir and thats the only way i would go that far for a CRX
Agreed! :number1
Now someone give me some damn ideas before everyone gets rust on der perty CRX

#11 ·
How about a meet in chicago? Big city were there are tons of rex's. I'm here in milwaukee so it's not 2 far away. I know a bunch of people here w/ rex's that would love to go to a meet. Let me know i'd definately help out on spreading the word and posting it on sites. Were you planning on this being in sometime this spring?

#12 ·
Yes, I'm talking sometime soon. Chicago may work, although I don't know much of the area too well so it would be a bit difficult to arrange a meeting place. What would you like to see at the Meet?

#17 ·
Refine of post - not where...but what.

The post is more about what you would want at a CRX Meet to make it worth your time.
Why would you go to a CRX Meet? ...this information may help you or someone near you want to get a Meet going.

#18 ·
dont worry guys there is an Anual CRX niagra falls meet (if you search you'll find it)

this year i believe its going to be the 10th year, people from canada and all over US show for a few hundred CRX's every year in a beautiful spot

there are convoy's avaliable and peole drive all the way from Las Vegas (im not sure where it is)

#25 ·
Take point on that if you want it. Organize and promote. People will show. Stick it in the CRX forum and teh regional forum.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.