Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi..need some help and knowledge..i'm looking to turbo my stock b18a motor i have in my "93" Integra da9..
is there anything i need to do to the engine "prior" to installation?and where i can buy one.rufly how much am i lookin at..also,how long does your engine last with a turbo on it, if you regulary service it???

·
Registered
224 Posts
There is tons to learn about going turbo. Please do much research before moving forward. To briefly answer your question you can do the following options:

1.) Leave the motor alone internally and boost accordingly...no guarantee on how long it will last being that its a b18a from a 93' Integra and it probably has a lot of miles.

2.) Change the head gasket along with doing ARP head studs. Leave the bottom end alone. Again, the age of motor, mileage, the bottom end may already need a mild rebuild, but its your car and I've never seen the motor so I cant say too much about it.

3.) Completely build the bottom end for lower compression or OEM spec (all depends on the power you want). Do this along with ARP hardware..ect... This will be the most reliable way but is costly.

-There is no telling how long a motor will last on boost. It all depends on...well everything...LBS of boost, tuning...there are many factors. Research!

-An aftermarket clutch is a must for just about any turbo setup. Which one? All depends on your setup/power.

-You may also want to look into aftermarket fuel pumps too (Walbro for example).

-Larger fuel injectors are also a must for boost. Which ones? Once again it all depends on your setup.

-Not sure if you already know but you will need to have the car tuned. A chipped ECU or another kind of engine management is a must!

*If you want to leave the motor as stock as possible, I would go with option 2 along with a clutch, injectors and a fuel pump. I would probably do a compression and leak down test before anything. Hope this helps!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts