Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

want to upgrade

1K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  slow_eh2 
#1 ·
my 2000 Honda civic has got 296,000miles on it and it is getting tired. The body is pretty good. It has a D16Y7 in it with an automatic. I want to put in a DOHC and manual tranny. What is the engine and tranny to use is there a sticky thread for this?

#2 ·
or is there a good sticky to get performance from a D16Y7 and thro in a manual tranny. can someone point me in right direction

#7 ·
If money is tight and you want minimal hassle. a b16 is the way to go.

just because you have a stock b16 doesn't mean he's going to keep ti stock
a b16 can be just as stout as a gsr, with a good combo of parts.. trust me, i build these motors for a hobby on the side.. i know what works and what doesn't.

#8 ·
If money is tight and you want minimal hassle. a b16 is the way to go.

just because you have a stock b16 doesn't mean he's going to keep ti stock
a b16 can be just as stout as a gsr, with a good combo of parts.. trust me, i build these motors for a hobby on the side.. i know what works and what doesn't.

hah your not the only one who does it on the side bro lol. i didnt know money was an issue. (my bad) but normally you can pick gsr motors up for cheap man.at least where im from you can. i dont know about where you guys are haha

#5 ·
what honda series or acura would that be from and maybe years too? I know more about the G54B in my 89 chrysler conquest tsi than anything ( they are a pain in the butt most of the time). It would be nice to expand my knowledge

#11 ·
your talking about a auto chassis being rigged with a manual. you will need lots of extra parts. search honda-tech.com for a auto to manual swap for 96-00 civics. veyr detailed and goes over the procedure pretty well. I myself am doing a manual swap, Im out about 400 bucks so far and at most another 100.

changing the pedals are by far the hardest part of the swap, and are not hard at eall. you have to drop teh steering wheel if you want it as painless as possible, but its not required.

sup all i have 98 civic dx d16y7 is the mini swap and a turbo worth it moneys a lil short
THREADJACK :eek2 :hehe
open up your own thread, and before doing so, do a bit of research. with only a little money, you can do a head swap for a bit of power. you are not gonna turbo it for less then 500 bucks

#12 ·
i would go with a Frankenstein with b20 w/ b16 head ls v-tec, or b16a2 comes from the 99-00 civics, or my buddy had a f22a 94 accord witch might fit the size and weight of your car with 650cc injectors, dc headers, straight pipe, greddy cat back evo-2 exhaust, and AEM intake and that thing could keep up pretty good to an srt-4... or go with a k swap from i think it comes in the 00 accords.

hope it helped

#14 ·
no it didnt, know what your talking about before you start spouting off names and parts that sound cool.

As for this thread pre-hijack,

I'd still stick with a B18. More displacement, little better torque, and for the price being the same as a B16, why not? Also, you could get a B18b if your on a budget. VTEC isnt that awesome, and you don't need it to go fast. Just ask some members on this site, or here's a fun fact, I've seen B18b tegs with a GSR or Si trans be just as quick as a stock GSR and certainly faster than a stock Si

#13 ·
a user on here, 9400rpms, says tyhe valve relief on the B20 pistons offfer very little margin, so B16 head isnt a good idea.

F22 isnt a good swap, and why 650 injectors? are you going turbo?

K is NOT from the 00 accords. K is from the newer civics, though they duid have a K24 in the newer accords as well as the newest crv

dont listen to hatchnsnatch

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.