Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just like the title says, wanting info on how to get a rhd itr from japan??? maybe someone on here can help :confused Any idea how much something like that would cost??

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
too much to make it be worth it. There is someone in Patterson NJ selling a CW RHD . Needs body work though. it was in an accident. Think he wanted $9k for it. For like $6-7k it might not be bad, but $9k is pricey for what it needs

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info, 9g's for a wrecked rhd, i think i will pass on that one.

·
Registered
5,788 Posts
you'll have to talk to some dealers who import cars, they would know more...I heard of some ppl buying itr's without the motor and claiming it to be just for parts, and then buying the itr motor itself...and then just droppin the motor in the car once they have the two together...but I think that would still cost a bit...

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
good luck dude. Dont plan on getting one cheap or easy.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
why don't u try to import something else instead of itr? for instance, s15... it might be a lil more $$$ but in the legalization process, they would cost the same...and don't expect it to be cheap...the cost of shipping and legalization costs even more than the car itself...gluck...

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well the more I thought about it, getting a true rhd anything imported to states would just be major $ and a pain in the ass all together. So to one day of owning a rhd anything is going on the backburner unless, I come across one already here in the states. But thanks to everyone trying to help out. At Nopi Nat'l 2004 and a guy was selling his rhd civic for $20G's! I am better off getting spending 20g's on something else.

·
Registered
5,788 Posts
why don't you just convert whatever you get to rhd? it'll cost you some money but it won't be anything like trying to import a true rhd whip...on ebay they occasionally have rhd front clips...I saw a 93 civic complete front end with a jdm b16sir included, all for 2000g's...so that's the entire front end, and that isn't a bad deal...just weigh your options...

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
solsykness said:
why don't you just convert whatever you get to rhd? it'll cost you some money but it won't be anything like trying to import a true rhd whip...on ebay they occasionally have rhd front clips...I saw a 93 civic complete front end with a jdm b16sir included, all for 2000g's...so that's the entire front end, and that isn't a bad deal...just weigh your options...
the original plan for my 96 prelude. I was looking at a entire front clip for around 3gs maybe not that much but close enough to round up www.flashoptions.com But it to is on the back burner for now but thanks for the advice though good lookin out :w00t

1 - 9 of 9 Posts