Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
civic.00.lx said:
well ok, really im just wanting to upgrade my exhust system, right now i have a 3a racing exhaust. my air filter is one of those cheap ones, im lookin for a jdm one
Why do you want a JDM anything? You can only get high performance JDM Type R parts for B series engines, and American aftermarket parts are still better. Get a header with a larger than stock collector, large diameter test pipe, and a high quality aftermarket exhaust. This will help performance, but if sound is all you want, then top it off with an intake manifold and intake.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
flyingtoaster said:
Why do you want a JDM anything? You can only get high performance JDM Type R parts for B series engines, and American aftermarket parts are still better. Get a header with a larger than stock collector, large diameter test pipe, and a high quality aftermarket exhaust. This will help performance, but if sound is all you want, then top it off with an intake manifold and intake.
yes i also wanted performance, thank you, i will look into this.

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
If all you care about is being loud.. just cut the fuckin exhaust off. You obviously dont care if your car is ghetto/rice/gay, so who cares?

Tip: Loud = gay. If you want to show off to your family, build your car to be fast... then race and beat them. Loud just gets you pulled over. Cops love to pull over kids in hondas.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
I have an old school ractive 4-2-1 header..back when ractive made good parts, I have a "resonator" in place of the cat and a Thermal R&D 2.5" catback. And my car is probably one of the most retardedly loud cars i've ever heard with a "full exhaust" I don't even like how loud it is really but i'm turboing it, and a turbo usually quiets a car down quit abit.

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
good vid. i think the ctr wasnt patient enough..hence he lost control while tryin to pass in that turn. but did the itr lose it also?

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
civic.00.lx said:
what do i need to put in my 00 civic to make it really loud.
i grew up in a muscle car family, and i want that muscle sound in my civic
school me
"Muscle sound" in your Civic?
NEVER gonna happen. Don't bother. If you're family likes V8 noise, they'll just hate your car and make fun of it when it sounds like a really loud fart. You CAN'T make I4 exhaust sound good. Intake, yeah, that can happen... but no noise coming from the back of a Civic is good noise.

Like Vertical_Zer0 said, you want "muscle sound", get a '93 LT1 car (or an '87-'91 5.0 Fox Mustang). Then get headers, no cats, and chambered exhaust. That's about as good as you're gonna get for cheap.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Nathan123 said:
"Muscle sound" in your Civic?
NEVER gonna happen. Don't bother. If you're family likes V8 noise, they'll just hate your car and make fun of it when it sounds like a really loud fart. You CAN'T make I4 exhaust sound good. Intake, yeah, that can happen... but no noise coming from the back of a Civic is good noise.

Like Vertical_Zer0 said, you want "muscle sound", get a '93 LT1 car (or an '87-'91 5.0 Fox Mustang). Then get headers, no cats, and chambered exhaust. That's about as good as you're gonna get for cheap.
:lol2

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.