Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
21 - 40 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
If you're interested in the science and physics behind a turbocharger system check out Maximum Boost! by Corky Bell. It'll teach you about flow charts and everything you need to know about turbo systems. You can pick it up at Amazon.com

·
Registered
4,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
That is all covered in the turbo section on SHO.
This thread was made specifically for boosting a D-series engine, not the basics of turbo.

·
Registered
65 Posts
IM really glad i found this!... ive been wanting to get my car going on the track and in autocross... and every one has been telling me to get a DOHC!!! but i really want to keep the SOHC just so i can show the DOHC's up lol. and i just found thru a friend, budget auto wrecking i might be able to get a d16 and tranny out of an Si for 500 bucks, and a greddy turbo kit from him... he has it on a d16z6 motor, and is running 13.45's at 5pounds...

Im really stunned to hear that the d15 and d16 is a good motor.. i have heard nothing but BS from the DOHC boys, its good to hear my lil d15 is built like a tank, it explains why i havent blown her yet lol...

·
Registered
4,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
You're welcome.
As far as the right idea or not..is up to you.
Do you know your way around engines well? Can you provide almost constant maintenance ? There are a lot of questions you have to ask before you know if this is really something you want to step into.

·
Registered
60 Posts
definately get a new ECU. You won't get much out of the turbo on the stock one, and you're more likely to lean out on the stock computer. Go with a fully programable ECU that you can tune on the road or on a dyno

·
Registered
30 Posts
damn lol dats tight bro! i might be getting the top mount and manifold by a gu that works in afi (arizona forced induction) i want to very badly. but ey i juss went wit da ebay kit and upgraded the wastegate and b.o.v it workd great but now i upgraded alot of other things but alot of ppl dnt recomend it but it workd for me kinda cheap build unless u got the cash 2 buy a savage turbonetics or something lol

21 - 40 of 109 Posts