Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

101 - 103 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
From what I read its bad to get a turbo if you will not use it efficiently. I have not looked in to the GT28r but if it can do 300hp and I am looking for 200-250 wouldn't I not be using it efficiently? Or under working it?

·
Darth Chinko
29,826 Posts
From what I read its bad to get a turbo if you will not use it efficiently. I have not looked in to the GT28r but if it can do 300hp and I am looking for 200-250 wouldn't I not be using it efficiently? Or under working it?
no, it's bad to use a turbo near it's efficiency limit......you're talking about things that spin at 160,000+rpms.....the faster they spin the more heat they generate and the more stress they put on the bearings.....90% of boosted hondas run t3/t4 50-57 trim turbos that are running at less than a third of their efficiency..........bigger turbos have to work less becuase they push a greater volume of air at lower psi with with a cooler charge....aka they make more power per lb of boost

·
Registered
6 Posts
Soooo.... D15 dualcarb crx 89 looking at a b16 or 18 swap but got to thinking the engine is in great condition.. what you think on a turbo?? and if not maybe webbers or carbs??

Thanks

101 - 103 of 103 Posts