Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Accord are the number 1 stolen car in american! If you have shit load of $$$$$ in you accord be sure you get a GOOD alarm to protect your investment!!
Anyone know why the accord is the number 1 stolen car in american???
The newer accord with the chip in the key can a thife bypass that and steal your car?? Hond should come out with some kind of thife proof device for their car! I know that on BMW have a double lock system that if you lock the car from the outside with the key it impossable to open the door! even if you brake the window and try to open it from the inside!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,194 Posts
gen5 is not gen6(gen 6 2000+ has the immobilizer). it went down towards the lower end of the list with the funny key in it. And I think the teg is up there now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
334 Posts
Every one knows that but the thing is it is also the biggest selling car so if there are 500 accords but 100 m3 which would be more stolen duh i wonder.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,076 Posts
Another reason is....they are WAY too easy to steal. I've worked at honda and see many stolen cars come in everyday. you really can be "gone in 60 seconds" After you pop the window, which takes 5 seconds, the rest is history. But ive always wondered why accords are up there instead of civic's or integras. I'm not gonna lie, around here, stolen GSR or SI leather, and SI wheels and GSR wheels are very common. Very sad IMO. I dont understand how ppl can feel good about having stolen stuff in their car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
679 Posts
neuspeed said:
Accord are the number 1 stolen car in american! If you have shit load of $$$$$ in you accord be sure you get a GOOD alarm to protect your investment!!
Anyone know why the accord is the number 1 stolen car in american???
The newer accord with the chip in the key can a thife bypass that and steal your car?? Hond should come out with some kind of thife proof device for their car! I know that on BMW have a double lock system that if you lock the car from the outside with the key it impossable to open the door! even if you brake the window and try to open it from the inside!!
oh my god i have a bunch of dollar bills in my accord i gotta go take em out haha j/k yeah wach your car people :rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
350 Posts
Man no kidding i had a friend that use to steal cars and hook up alarms he showed me how to steal a car in like 30 secs easiest ones are the integras open, pop and start then bye bye
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,356 Posts
I wonder if you guys ever thought about putting the club where it goes on your brake or clutch that thing is solid steel! a gun could not penatrate it. Just stick one of those bad boys on your car LOL. Although there is no garuntee you stuff will get stolen or your wheels unless you put 4 wheel locks on each tire gives them a hard time LOL.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
420 Posts
95accord22 said:
Another reason is....they are WAY too easy to steal. I've worked at honda and see many stolen cars come in everyday. you really can be "gone in 60 seconds" After you pop the window, which takes 5 seconds, the rest is history. But ive always wondered why accords are up there instead of civic's or integras. I'm not gonna lie, around here, stolen GSR or SI leather, and SI wheels and GSR wheels are very common. Very sad IMO. I dont understand how ppl can feel good about having stolen stuff in their car.
That's easy. If you're getting a good deal hell I'll take it stolen too. When it comes down to it, it's all about ethics, but eventually something tips the scale. You pay me enough and i'll do anything, I literally mean that too, and here's why. If you look at the enron dudes, look at how much money they get away with. Now at most they're gonna serve 3 yrs in a federal prison (which are actually really nice, nicer than some homes) come out and retire. Hell if someone offered me that same deal I would have taken up on it too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
213 Posts
clubs and alarms dont work, if they going to take it, then they will take it. my cuz had a integra, and he had alarm and club on it, and it was still stolen, and it was out of his apartment complex too.

so nothing is really safe, unless you can get one of those alarms that shoots flame at the perp, or one that shuts down the engine, and the cops use a system that shuts down the car, and locks the perp in. hehe.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,194 Posts
things that work to keep your car from getting stolen.

Pay attention to where you park. Put sirens inside of the cabin, make it painful for someone in there. Put strobes inside the car and out. Inside to blind the fuquers, outside to let others know. If you have a 6 tone siren, make it unique, kill a few of the tones and make sure your car doesn't false all the time. People ignore your car when it falses endlessly. Or if the siren is something they hear all the time(like every other 6 tone siren on the planet)

At home I have the best defense. a 90lb Field Trials Black Lab, and a 130lb German Shepard. If my alarm and dogs don't stop them, I have a python .357 that screams stop pretty well. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
350 Posts
medline said:
clubs and alarms dont work, if they going to take it, then they will take it. my cuz had a integra, and he had alarm and club on it, and it was still stolen, and it was out of his apartment complex too.

so nothing is really safe, unless you can get one of those alarms that shoots flame at the perp, or one that shuts down the engine, and the cops use a system that shuts down the car, and locks the perp in. hehe.
Bottomline: If a thief really wants your car, they could simply use a flatbed tow truck and make it appear like they're doing a repo.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
yeah, if they really want it, it's gonna be theirs. the best thing you can do is be safe, don't draw too much attention to yourself and if at all possible, keep your car in a garage or under a cover at night.

gug
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,923 Posts
accords and camry's are the most stolen cars for one reason....
they are the msot SOLD cars in the US.
ANY Accord or camry is fair game to a thief since a chop shop has a great market to sell parts...any and all parts.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
the club on the steering wheel doesnt work, very easy to remove. the best way to keep it from them driving away with the car is a clutch lock if u got a stick. have it custom made (one from commerical is gay). and low jack helps too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,194 Posts
the ulitmate prevention of theft is stealth, keep a low profile, if you have a bumping system, don't go beating through a mall parking lot, park your car, and expect it to still be there when you get back, just turn it down a few blocks before you get to where you're going.

Another point is to make it painful for them to try. I've had my alalrm go off once with me inside it, and it's not something I would do again. I have 4 pain inducer sirens, they fill the entire cabin with a horrid sound and you can't tell which direction it's coming from, the sound fills your head. To aid in the confusion I had 2 extra channels on my whelen strobe controller, so I picked up 2 more bulbs and mounted them inside. Think of how bright a polic car's strobes are, now think of that flashing about 2ft from your face. It's not pretty. Another thing is to make your starter kill cut somewhere tough. I actually cut mine in two places, the fuel pump, and top of the wiring harness(not under the steering column where most jackass places put them. My brain is snuggled in a place that took me 4 hours to take the dash apart to get to it just to change a switch so I could reprogram one of the functions. It makes me sick when I see a place like the good guys, or you average stereo shop install an alarm, put it so that anyone can reach right under the dash grab a hold of it and yank it out. That's why there are so many thefts. If more people were truely educated on car security(and if we were allowed to shoot thieves) car theft would plummet.
 
1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Top