Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering if anybody can tell me how much it ususally costs to replace rotors. and also if anyone can recommend a good shop in so. cali, around the san gabriel area. thanx

·
Registered
39,372 Posts
what gen accord is it??-5th gens have rotors that are pressed on-they arent cheap to have done at a shop-do it yourslef, and youll save alot of cash-

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
i bet the shop will charge 50 bucks a axle for it.

id do it myself, if so like he said if its a 5th gen then its really easy and u can do it yourself.

i have a 4th gen and i have a huge nut in its place..its a bitch but i still do it.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
is the 5th the same as the 4th gens? brake wise..if not then you guys got it made..

i have to take off hella crap a huge nut..then take out the hub...

·
Registered
3 Posts
the 5th gen has a hub over rotor design. if you wanna take the rotor out you gotta remove the spindle which involves taking the axle, caliper, 3 ball joints, 4 bolts to remove the hub assembly from the spindle, 4bolts to remove the rotor from the hub. Not an easy job.

·
Registered
620 Posts
as far as cost each rotor should be anywhere from 20-40$ depend where you get it from. I got blank brembo 4g accord for like 23$ and it not that hard to replace the rotors either do it yourself. 5g accord isn't to bad as it seem, I've done it quite a few time already. (I got a shop that i work on the 5g at :D ) and the 6g it easy.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well...its is a 5th gen accord..i would love to do it myself but i just don't know how. and i don't think my dad would like me working on the car, even though he bought it for me. he doesn't trust me.:rolleyes: thanx for the replys though, greatly appreciated

·
Registered
39,372 Posts
nightkid said:
well...its is a 5th gen accord..i would love to do it myself but i just don't know how. and i don't think my dad would like me working on the car, even though he bought it for me. he doesn't trust me.:rolleyes: thanx for the replys though, greatly appreciated
just get a helms manual-you dont even really needa a manual to change brakes on a 5th gen-its really not that hard-but if you really are clueless, get a manual cause the money you spend on it will save you hundreds in car repair/maintinence costs-

1 - 13 of 13 Posts