Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

warped rotor repair costs

3K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  AcCoRd boI 
#1 ·
i was wondering if anybody can tell me how much it ususally costs to replace rotors. and also if anyone can recommend a good shop in so. cali, around the san gabriel area. thanx

#2 ·
what gen accord is it??-5th gens have rotors that are pressed on-they arent cheap to have done at a shop-do it yourslef, and youll save alot of cash-

#3 ·
i bet the shop will charge 50 bucks a axle for it.

id do it myself, if so like he said if its a 5th gen then its really easy and u can do it yourself.

i have a 4th gen and i have a huge nut in its place..its a bitch but i still do it.

#7 ·
is the 5th the same as the 4th gens? brake wise..if not then you guys got it made..

i have to take off hella crap a huge nut..then take out the hub...

#12 ·
nightkid said:
well...its is a 5th gen accord..i would love to do it myself but i just don't know how. and i don't think my dad would like me working on the car, even though he bought it for me. he doesn't trust me.:rolleyes: thanx for the replys though, greatly appreciated
just get a helms manual-you dont even really needa a manual to change brakes on a 5th gen-its really not that hard-but if you really are clueless, get a manual cause the money you spend on it will save you hundreds in car repair/maintinence costs-

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.