Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 97 gsr turbo and I am running a tial wastegate that is supposed to have a 6.5 psi spring. I can't floor it or the boost gauge jumps past 16...not good(It starts running lean at 9-10, and the map sensor forces hesitation at 11, and backfiring begins about 12 - of course i have only done this twice because its obviously very stupid). I keep out of the gas to keep it below 9-10 psi just to be safe, but I can't race this way...Does anyone know what I can do? thanks

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The two fittings on the top and side of the external wastegate don't go to anything until you get a boost controller, right? I have them open. All other lines are good and secure and the boost gauge is hooked up correctly, the car is actually trying to push over 15 psi...

·
Registered
370 Posts
just so i can get a good picture of everything...

whta kind of WG do you have ? where is your boost gauge getting it's source from ?

I can't say for sure about the lines to the WG, I had a turbonetics WG and it had only 2 ports. one was labeled 'vaccum' and it was only to be used with a boost controller. the other i used to actuate the WG.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is a Tial Sport 35mm Wastegate it has 2 ports. One on top of the wastegate and one on the side of the wastegate. Should I have one of them hooked up to control boost? If so, then I feel like a retard. the boost gauge runs off of the stock FPR vacuum line

·
Registered
309 Posts
dude, side port needs a vaccum/boost reference line. Run one from your intake manifold or directly from your turbo :rolleyes:

how did you think the wastegate would know how much boost you were running (and when to open!?) ?

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
johnyquest said:
dude, side port needs a vaccum/boost reference line. Run one from your intake manifold or directly from your turbo :rolleyes:

how did you think the wastegate would know how much boost you were running (and when to open!?) ?
i second that.
lets hope you didnt damage anything while boosting to 16psi.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
You have to have a vacuum line hooked up to the side port on the wg. Ihave the same tial wastegate. You hook up the side lower one to vacuum and leave the top one just unpluged. the only time you use the top port on the wg is when you have a boost controller. :p

·
Registered
273 Posts
i shake my head at you, please never do any more engine work on your car.
dont you think if you pass 10psi and the car starts going crazy and starting to blow you would let off the gas instead of taking it to 16psi?

·
Registered
936 Posts
take your car to a shop and pay to have them hook up a vacuum line.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
omg that fuckin sucks haha, might as well just take ur wastegate off and run the bitch open for a few minutes until you blow up hahaha, get that lower port hooked up to a vac. source buddy

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
alright i got it fixed guys thanks to the decent people on here - and to you cocksuckers who are just here to be ass holes (some of shich have 4 POSTS AND ARE brand new for gods sake) then you need a hobby - i am not an idiot and i was careful with my car, it was just my first custom kit I built from scratch. you guys that act like you know all probably couldnt build your own turbo kit from scratch if you had to - but thanks to the decent guys on here that were actually trying to help

·
Registered
407 Posts
hartmanms said:
alright i got it fixed guys thanks to the decent people on here - and to you cocksuckers who are just here to be ass holes (some of shich have 4 POSTS AND ARE brand new for gods sake) then you need a hobby - i am not an idiot and i was careful with my car, it was just my first custom kit I built from scratch. you guys that act like you know all probably couldnt build your own turbo kit from scratch if you had to - but thanks to the decent guys on here that were actually trying to help
Its cool man, I'm sure all these fucks that straight up called you a dumbshit have made stupid errors just as signifigant with their cars.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
936 Posts
yup i'm an idiot. I built,and installed my own turbo kit. and am working on build my own motor.:bh:

Bottom line, you shouldn't be doing your own turbo setup if you don't know how to. You should of done your homework, and know how everypart in your turbo setup works. If you had done that then you would of known that the wastegate needs a vacuum source.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I'm glad you got your wg hooked up. When I read the title the first thing I thought was, "Shouldn't run a Deltagate." Then when you said you had a Tial...I couldn't believe it. However, that vacuum line to the side of it is a killer. You should put hose clamps on each end of the vacuum line so you don't overboost again.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
hartmanms said:

hope youre not directing your bullshit remarks right there to me sweet cheeks. ;)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ok, myflysi, if you hadnt been such an immature jackass about my post you wouldn't have to worry about me making remarks back at you. You had no constructive input whatsoever, so I would suggest not making yourself look like an ass. This website is for helping each other get their cars working, and working right, not to trash each other. I know I am not the only person that beleives that.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts