Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have tial wastegate(38mm). It has a .5 bar spring(7.2 or so psi). if i dont want to run a boost controller an only run 7.2psi of boost how would I set it up? do I just plug the top hole on the wastegate an connect the bottom hole to a vacume source? Thanks

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
leave the top hole alone (you dont have to plug it or anything like that)
and just hook up the side/bottom source to a vacuum source.

Reactions: DrivinVtec

·
Registered
36 Posts
YES LEAVE THE TOP UNPLUGGED AND ONLY USE THE BOTTOM AS THE VACUMES ONLY COME IN EFFECT AFTER THE THROTTLE PLATE IS SHUT OR AT IDLE, THE THEN VACUME UNDER ACCELERATION TURN TO BOOST ON ALL VACUME LINES AND FORCES THE WASTE GATE OPEN. HERE R SOME WAYS TO RUN UR WASTEGATE. 1. IF THE TURBO HAS A PORT ON THE SNAIL PART IF THE COMPRESSOR SIDE U CAN RUN IT STRAGHT OFF OF THERE TO THE WASTEGATE. 2. YOU CAN ALSO T OFF OF UR VACUME THAT GOES TO UR BLOW OFF VALE AS THE VACUME ACTIVATES THE BLOW OFF VALVE AFTER THE THROTTLE PLATES R CLOSED,BUT UNDER BOOST HTE BLOW OFF VALVE IS HELD SHUT BECAUSE ALL VAC SYSTEM IS NOW UNDER BOOST, SO IN TURN THE WASTEGATE WILL OPEN WITH WHAT EVER SPRING U INSTALL, I RUN AN 8 LB SPRING WITH A HOME MADE BOOST CONTROLLER SET AT 10 AND THIS HAS BEEN AWSOME FOR 2 YEARS NOW. BUT NEVER RUN MORE THA 10-12 ON AN FMU RELATED SYSTEM. , HERES MY SETUP. B20B STOCK BOTTOM END, GSR HEAD REVHARD TURBO KIT 8 LB SPRING, HOME MADE BOOST CONTROLLER.L/S TRANNY WITH HYDRO CONVERSION, TIAL 38MM WASTEGATE, STOCK INJECTORS FOR NOW 12:5:1 FMU VORTEC BLOW OFF VALVE,SLIM STRAIGHT SHIFT RADIATOR FOR MORE CLEARANCE,ADJ FUEL REGULATOR AND A MISSING LINK OR MAP DIFFUSER TO FOOL THE MAP SENSOR. I RUN AT AN 1/8 MILE TRACK AND HAVE COMMONLY SEEN 7:20-7:50 ON THIS SETUP FOR OVER 2 YEARS NOW. BILLY,

·
Registered
7,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
95turbob20hatch said:
YES LEAVE THE TOP UNPLUGGED AND ONLY USE THE BOTTOM AS THE VACUMES ONLY COME IN EFFECT AFTER THE THROTTLE PLATE IS SHUT OR AT IDLE, THE THEN VACUME UNDER ACCELERATION TURN TO BOOST ON ALL VACUME LINES AND FORCES THE WASTE GATE OPEN. HERE R SOME WAYS TO RUN UR WASTEGATE. 1. IF THE TURBO HAS A PORT ON THE SNAIL PART IF THE COMPRESSOR SIDE U CAN RUN IT STRAGHT OFF OF THERE TO THE WASTEGATE. 2. YOU CAN ALSO T OFF OF UR VACUME THAT GOES TO UR BLOW OFF VALE AS THE VACUME ACTIVATES THE BLOW OFF VALVE AFTER THE THROTTLE PLATES R CLOSED,BUT UNDER BOOST HTE BLOW OFF VALVE IS HELD SHUT BECAUSE ALL VAC SYSTEM IS NOW UNDER BOOST, SO IN TURN THE WASTEGATE WILL OPEN WITH WHAT EVER SPRING U INSTALL, I RUN AN 8 LB SPRING WITH A HOME MADE BOOST CONTROLLER SET AT 10 AND THIS HAS BEEN AWSOME FOR 2 YEARS NOW. BUT NEVER RUN MORE THA 10-12 ON AN FMU RELATED SYSTEM. , HERES MY SETUP. B20B STOCK BOTTOM END, GSR HEAD REVHARD TURBO KIT 8 LB SPRING, HOME MADE BOOST CONTROLLER.L/S TRANNY WITH HYDRO CONVERSION, TIAL 38MM WASTEGATE, STOCK INJECTORS FOR NOW 12:5:1 FMU VORTEC BLOW OFF VALVE,SLIM STRAIGHT SHIFT RADIATOR FOR MORE CLEARANCE,ADJ FUEL REGULATOR AND A MISSING LINK OR MAP DIFFUSER TO FOOL THE MAP SENSOR. I RUN AT AN 1/8 MILE TRACK AND HAVE COMMONLY SEEN 7:20-7:50 ON THIS SETUP FOR OVER 2 YEARS NOW. BILLY,
i see this is you second post. a good post i might say to that. some good info there. so i can run it from the compressor side of the turbo. mine does have a plase forsomething. i just blocked it off. im not usen a Fmu, im usen crome for tunning. alo u said i can hook it after the TB? like on the plunum side?

·
Registered
36 Posts
this is a full explination of a turbo hookup, any fitting on the intake side is for vacume, but when under boost that vacume on all fittings and ports is also under boost,thats why u need an fmu or some kind of boost dependant regulator since the stocker runs on vacum then under boost the fmu takes over to restict fuel flow back through the return line and put more pressure on the rail and the injecter pulses harder to squirt more fuel to the cylinder.. u simply tee into ur regulator vacume hose off the intake, run one to the blow off valve, the other to the regulator,then tee off the regulator to the little port on top of the fmu, then on the line that u teed to the blow off valve put another tee close to the bov and run that to ur wastegate. email me back at [email protected]

·
Registered
7,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
95turbob20hatch said:
this is a full explination of a turbo hookup, any fitting on the intake side is for vacume, but when under boost that vacume on all fittings and ports is also under boost,thats why u need an fmu or some kind of boost dependant regulator since the stocker runs on vacum then under boost the fmu takes over to restict fuel flow back through the return line and put more pressure on the rail and the injecter pulses harder to squirt more fuel to the cylinder.. u simply tee into ur regulator vacume hose off the intake, run one to the blow off valve, the other to the regulator,then tee off the regulator to the little port on top of the fmu, then on the line that u teed to the blow off valve put another tee close to the bov and run that to ur wastegate. email me back at [email protected]
I dont need a FMU if im able to tune an add fuel when needed threw crome. from my understanding a FMU is just to add fuel underboost. but why do i need one if i have crome.

this is how i have the wastegate setup. will this work?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.