Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was just wondering wat ppl in the states think, coz ppl over here dont know 2 much bout the Twin Turbo Lexus Soarer?

coz im debating if i should look into getting one coz my g/f would like me to get one 4 her?

just wondering

· Registered
2,036 Posts
if we're talking about the Toyota Soarer, then i'd say go for it... cant go wrong with a 3L DOHC 6 cylinder turbo engine.

Would it have most of these features? Leather Seats, Electric Drivers Side (6 way), electric steering column adjustment, TV, TEMS Adjustable Air Suspension, Steering wheel controls for Climate Control and Radio Volume/Tuning, Electric Sunroof, LCD dimming Rearview mirror, Lights in the sunvisors, A/C, P/S, Cruise Control?

btw, would it be Z1 or Z2?

i hope this is what your talking about...

· Pimpzilla
11,102 Posts
vticivic said:
i was just wondering wat ppl in the states think, coz ppl over here dont know 2 much bout the Twin Turbo Lexus Soarer?

coz im debating if i should look into getting one coz my g/f would like me to get one 4 her?

just wondering
Ya i think its a toyota...not a lexu

· Registered
89 Posts
If you have a chance to pick up a soarer I would definetely do it. There are a couple that have been transported to the states and they are the shiznit. Nothing like the supra engine in what we call an SC 300. BTW are you referring to the new model or the previous gen.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sorry i ment the toyota

sorry fellas but i ment a toyota, but they have the same shape as the lexus model.

im lookin at the '98 model, i think im am gonna get it. i lookin at it mid day 2morry and hopefully getting it. i sounds like a good buy and ive done a lil' research on it and they seem alrite. thanks 4 all you guy's and the imputs u gave.

im out......beating sum V8 i guess, well wateva pulls up at the lights.

ill up date hopefully 2morry bout the toyota......

· Registered
90 Posts
Here is a picture of my friend's soarer. it is fast as hell and has a single turbo conversion in it. hes got different rims on it now with some compound tires. btw, he owns Motorsport warehouse in Tucson. here is his site : www.motorsportwarehouse.com

· Registered
1,480 Posts
Hey bubba you better get it man or i'll be dissappointed with you. You know that Soarere is gonna cane everything on the streets here, once u get ure hands on it!!!!!!!

Lexus SC400 = Toyota Soarer BTW :)

· Registered
89 Posts
In the US it would be a SC 300 ( 6 cylinders not 8 )

· Registered
199 Posts
I have 3 vids of a sc 300 tt racing... One is against a cobra=killed the cobra, one against a stang gt from a stop= Killed him, and you could tell when he got traction b/c he flies after that. The last one is awesome... it's a viper(i think it was the venom) racing 2(11sec) rx-7s and the viper killed both of them.. BUT the sc 300 was watching from behind and caught up to the viper like nothing.. then the viper presses the breaks right before the sc passes him. HAHAHAH yea acting like he wasn't racing. I wonder if they're the same sc 300, b/c I think powerhouse racing has done tons of lexus to supra engine conversions, and I'm sure other poeple have done it too.

· Registered
3,117 Posts
Ya I've seen all those too on Kazaa, theres also a web site with alot of highway action with a SC maxima and BPU Supras and alot of other bad ass cars.

· Registered
90 Posts
i should mention that the sc 300-400 soarer has a 1JZ-GTE engine instead of the supra's 2JZ-GTE. I believe the new ones with the retractable hardtop have the 2JZ-GTE

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.