Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
949 Posts
if you plan on upgrading your stock engine.. doesnt matter wut order of intakeheaderexhaust you go in... but i would start with exhaust and work your way up ...
otherwise just save up for bigger better things (b18b perhaps and turbocharge it.. )

· Registered
103 Posts
i was thinking about what to do with my car to. i have a 00 civic ex so i was probably gonna just get an ls engine since they are way cheaper than a gsr engine. my question to you is though what do youplan to do? turbocharge your current engine? supercharge it? nitrous it? i would suggest you think about that before buying anything including exhaust. so just think about it first and save yourself alot of money:confused:

· Registered
4,659 Posts
Re: i c

lebrew said:
so does it make any sense in upgrading this engine at all????or should i swap a engine first??
well, engine swapping is pretty pricey so if you're not very dedicated to racing your car, like actually at a track, just upgrade i/h/e, just build up your own engine, what car do you have?
ghost

· Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i dont plan on racing at a track

but do wanna upgrade my car...i have a '94 civic 1.6l vtec 5spd.....what would i have to do be able to do some nice burnouts????upgrade wise......clutch?axles?do i need more torque or pwer int the engine to do those burnouts???i have to change rear shoes to drums???

· Registered
170 Posts
Wow:eek: ......i'm saying you don't need all that work to do a burnout in your car....u can prolly do one now. I've done crazy ones in an 85 tercel before lol. That and if thats the only reason you want to modify your car than I think you should think about considering another hobby. Performance-wise I'd tell you to go and buy the greddy turbo kit instead of getting i/h/e(intake, header, exaust) but you have a lot of learning to do before you're boosting a car.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.