Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

81 - 100 of 180 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
DirtyDogDan said:

ok newbie! that was your first post, i wonderif your the same retard signing up under different names to try and look smart for one damn thread! your an idiot, and check R&t mag, the m3 beat out the z06 all ALL catagories EXCEPT the 1/4 mile, relax, look @ the damn magazine, dont listen to me!! even R&t picked the m3 over the z06 ,a nd then they got all the letters from stupid americans who truly believe in there z06 , that its the best car in the world and nothing beats american cars, blah blah blah

Several things...you have what...6 posts? Does that not make you a newbie also? If you're talking about an old article, then I have seen it and you are totally wrong. If it is a new article, I haven't seen it and I would hazard a guess that you're lying. The M3 won because of a rear seat, which shows the bias of the magazine. The article was only supposed to be about performance, according to the title. Since the M3 would have lost horribly, they had to change the parameters.

Good try with the lies. As far as whether I'm also other people? No. Are you? And I don't check this board every day. But never fear, I'll eventually get back to you.:D

·
Registered
5 Posts
JDM Spec said:
What's the fastest everyone has done on their stock Z06? Chevy says 0-60 in less than 4 seconds. However I would like to see some real times. I was kinda suprise at motor trend which got a 4.3 second for it's try.

There is no local equipment to get a 0-60 time.:(

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Tuan Le said:
TX3 <--------- Blah, blah, blahhhh....Talk is cheap. Let's see if you willing to run your E46 against a Z06. Stock vs. stock. Or even better yet, "Run what you brung".

Where are you at? If you're not in Houston, I'm pretty sure I can find a Z06 that would run you locally, where ever you are.
I see that you like domestics over imports (rarity for asian)...no need to prove anything..whatever rocks your boat man.

·
Registered
23 Posts
alright, the m3 costs what,60,000 dollars. the s2k costs about 30,000. let the s2k put 30,000 into it then lets see what happens.

·
Registered
446 Posts
99gsr said:
alright, the m3 costs what,60,000 dollars. the s2k costs about 30,000. let the s2k put 30,000 into it then lets see what happens.
that wernt no brank spankin m3 in the video i dont think?

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
You can get a Euro 94 (or higher) M3 for the price of 00 S2k. I'd hit the M3 over the S2k still simply because it's BMW technology, German quality and class and not to mention two extra seats.

The s2000 got a bad start and gained on the m3 like crazy
mike: The M3 has slowed down and finally braked when the S2k gained. S2k had idle start.;)

Lets forget about a coupe Vs a roadster/convertible. Lets compare a roadster Vs a roadster/convertable.

lets introduce the ///M3 Roadster Vs the S2K...

Bring on the bickering about I6 Vs I4 bahaha cos that the only thing to bicker about.:p

·
Registered
5 Posts
You're seriously comparing BMW quality to Japanese quality? Ummm..I think you lose on that one. Check consumer reports or JD Power for that answer.

I thought you didn't have anything to prove racing?:)

Tx3 said:

I see that you like domestics over imports (rarity for asian)...no need to prove anything..whatever rocks your boat man.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
BlkZO6 said:
You're seriously comparing BMW quality to Japanese quality? Ummm..I think you lose on that one. Check consumer reports or JD Power for that answer.

I thought you didn't have anything to prove racing?:)

How would i loose on that one? BMW technology is class leading...i think i need not go in details.

btw i have owned 3 Honda cars in my life and vow to own another in the future, why? cos it's more affordable than BMW (the car i personally like) but if i have $$$ i would buy BMW. Simple.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
BlkZO6 said:

I guess you didn't read my post. I said quality, as you originally did.
What's bad about German Quality in automotive?

·
Registered
446 Posts
glen5839 said:
I'd run any BMW in the city of Houston. M3/M5 - modded ... whatever you got. Like the man said ... run what ya brung and hope ya brung enough.

Just a lowly C5 coupe here.
so you would run a 2000 M5 with a custom turbo running at 10psi. producing over 500hp. if i won the texas lottary i would build me one and then come race ya, hahahaha

*waking up now*
its all personal preferance, some peoples likes the bmw's some peoples likes the benz, some peoples likes the chevys, somes likes the fords, somes likes the hondas

btw, what was this thread about again? hehe, peace out yo's

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Tx3 said:

How would i loose on that one? BMW technology is class leading...i think i need not go in details.

IMO.....I think BMW gets way more credit then deserve. Very nice cars and great motors but they are not gods in the technology department of automobiles. My friend has a 330 and he has had it in the shop many times for stupid lil shit. He use to have a 328 but he didnt like replacing his O2 sensor all the time, and that's how he ended up gettin the 330. He is loyal to BMW and they are really nice and drive nice and there isnt too much to complain about them. However, motorwise they arent better than any other motor maker from Germany.
And personally i think Audi performance and motors are superior to BMW. The Audi S4 is bulletproof.

As for Japanese motors, i think Honda has represented rather well in the reliability department. They have proven they can set the standards of the NA world. :D

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Don't you mean the RS4? and how is it bulletproof?

·
Registered
39 Posts
99gsr said:
The cost and/or dollar amount comparison is meaningless because it is all relative to how much of that amount is worth to a specific person. For example, a ~$80K car is probably worth the same to a person with ~$150K income when comparing to ~$30K car for a person with an income of ~$60K.;)

And secondly, it is unfair to compare a modded car to a bone-stock car. Any car can be made to go insanely fast. The only question is how fast do you want to go....Or should I re-phrase it, how much $$$ do you have? :D

-Tuan

·
Registered
399 Posts
wtf how do u compare a m3 v6 333 hp 262 torque car against an s2k i4 240 hp 153 torque car,why dont you race it with an nsx thats better competition i bet you that it will loose,but anyways an s2k with a good driver will take that m3 with 93 more hp or more cause ive seen three races and the s2000s win all the time

·
Registered
39 Posts
Tx3 said:

I see that you like domestics over imports (rarity for asian)

As you see, I love both imports and domestics :D

Hopefully I'll be able to add the new M3 (E46) to my collection in the very near future.;) I think it will look really nice with the other two :D

-Tuan

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
How fast do u think the NSX is? and what are we talking about, 0-60 or 1/4 times?

81 - 100 of 180 Posts