Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to prevent water ingestion with an Injen CAI? Does Injen have a bypass valve? If not, can I buy an AEM bypass valve and fit that with an Injen CAI?

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
im pretty sure the aem comes in different sizes... so you can probably cut the injen somewhere and put it on

·
Registered
213 Posts
dragontegz said:
Does anyone know how to prevent water ingestion with an Injen CAI? Does Injen have a bypass valve? If not, can I buy an AEM bypass valve and fit that with an Injen CAI?
Put on your thinking cap when driving in the rain. And enjoy the power you would have lost WITH a bypass valve.:D

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Re: Water Ingestion - Injen CAI

G2Integrity said:

Put on your thinking cap when driving in the rain. And enjoy the power you would have lost WITH a bypass valve.:D
How much power would I lose if I had a bypass valve?

·
Registered
213 Posts
i built my own custom cai and the filter is just behind the bumper in front of the wheel and the filter is oiled will i have any water ingestion problems?

·
Registered
104 Posts
dude dont worry bout water ingestion(hydrolock)...because the filter has to be submerged in water for like 20 seconds inorder for it to hydrolock.....other then that if ur just driving....the filter is just gotta get wet....so dont worry about it.......

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Water Ingestion - Injen CAI

dragontegz said:
How much power would I lose if I had a bypass valve?
lets just say...would you rather loose 1-2hp or loose your engine from water indigestion?

Get the bypass valve...a negligible 1-2hp wont hurt you int real world. Or better yet get a comptech or short ram

·
Registered
213 Posts
i heard the aem bypass valve was recalled because when u actually use it and accelerate if the filter underwater it breaks off into the engine anyone else hear this?

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
they fixed the problem and recalled all faulty Bypass valves

·
Registered
92 Posts
I also heard about the recall. They provided a retainer clip to put inside for the people who had already purchase it. I had the bypass for a year and yesterday after it has been raining here in NY for two days I heard a strange noise so I pulled over and open the hood. The bypass value cracked in half.

·
Registered
419 Posts
how about this
remove the CAI when it rains
also i thought the bypass valve from aem only works when the filter is under water.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts