Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been gettin water leaking into my car for a few weeks now. And after looking at every possible it seems like its only leaking from this hole i have pictured. I have no idea what it does and just want to know if its safe to just plug it up with some rubber sealant or something cause its botherin the hell out of me.

Its the hole on the left of where the targa locks in place.

Thanks

· Registered
61 Posts
Also try remoisturizing your seals with like armorall protectant wipes or something to possibly get them some of their elastic qualities back. Always keep them clean :)

Also also, I'll check my seals tomorrow to see if mine has a screw there or not.

Z

· Registered
61 Posts
On mine there is a black cap that fills that entire hole and is recessed in there about a 1/4". Your definately missing that and it could quite possibly be the fix you need for your leak. Goto a junk yard and just snatch one.

My car is a 94 VTEC and the seals HAVE been replaced with the new design if that makes any difference.

Z

· Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I couldnt find a del sol at one of the close junkyards so i just filled the holes on both sides with some silicone and sprayed a shitload of water on the car and no leaks for now so im happy. It beats the hell out of havin to buy brand new seals.
Thanks for all your help

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.