Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure this has been covered but, here it goes anyways:
i get water leakage in my passenger floorboard, it's not coolant. What could be causing this? Also, it is not the seal around the door.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Heater core

Don't know...but that is the same place that GM puts their heater cores and they are notoriious for the same thing...Don't have a teg or online resource to check...but that could be the deal

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
South Alabama. Almost into Georgia. We se a lot of rain here in the winter and spring, so the floor board is damp a lot. It's never soaked, just a little more than just damp.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
yooo!!! ARE you are talking about water getting on the carpet in front of the passenger seat?

well, thats exactly my problem right now...every times it rains, or i wash my car and spray too much water on the front passenger side, water leaks in...i spent a whole day tearing things apart to see where the leak was coming from, and couldnt find it... im completely stumpled, i did however, stop short from removing the dash completely, and we found out it was not the doors or seals, not the windshield cowl or heater ducts, or any other windshield seals, im hoping its not a small rust hole, cuz the leakage is small, but overnight if it rains, it makes a pool of water in my car. :mad so does anyone out there have an idea :confused

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
95db8 said:
yooo!!! ARE you are talking about water getting on the carpet in front of the passenger seat?

well, thats exactly my problem right now...every times it rains, or i wash my car and spray too much water on the front passenger side, water leaks in...i spent a whole day tearing things apart to see where the leak was coming from, and couldnt find it... im completely stumpled, i did however, stop short from removing the dash completely, and we found out it was not the doors or seals, not the windshield cowl or heater ducts, or any other windshield seals, im hoping its not a small rust hole, cuz the leakage is small, but overnight if it rains, it makes a pool of water in my car. :mad so does anyone out there have an idea :confused
Yeah mine does this, but apparently not as bad. Mine is just damp, no standing H2O. I'm just tired of it doing it.

·
Registered
5,860 Posts
Your HVAC System isn't draining the water properly from the airbox most likely a plugged HVAC system, which is the "Air box through which heat and cold air are blown through" There is a drain hole on this because several cars if not all get air from the cowl behind the hood between the windshield, and water goes in there too and also dry leaves etc which can eventually plug the drain hole for water in the HVAC box. Just a possibility though.

·
Banned
1,160 Posts
CRVTEC0WNZJ00 said:
Your HVAC System isn't draining the water properly from the airbox most likely a plugged HVAC system, which is the "Air box through which heat and cold air are blown through" There is a drain hole on this because several cars if not all get air from the cowl behind the hood between the windshield, and water goes in there too and also dry leaves etc which can eventually plug the drain hole for water in the HVAC box. Just a possibility though.
that sounds about right.

·
Banned
1,160 Posts
CRVTEC0WNZJ00 said:
that sounds about right. I have the same problem with my car but its only happened like 3 times since ive had the car.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
CRVTEC0WNZJ00 said:
So I need to take off the cowl at the base of the windsheild to get to this? I'll give anything a shot to try and get the car to stop doing this. Is this some thing I'm going to have to ream out or what? Give me as much info as you can about this.....

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Be extremely careful when removing the cowl, there are several plastic bolts and clips that hold it down... I broke nearly all of mine and they cost almost 5 bucks a piece to replace from the dealer..I went to the junkyard to get some used ones, and i ended up breaking those too :(

·
Registered
5,860 Posts
There should be a drain hole somewhere in the HVAC system that is generally in the air box you don't need to remove the cowl, there are products made to be sprayed into the airbox within the dash that should help eat and clean out all that crap that is plugging your airbox up.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts