Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got a damn s#$% load in my car, but still it doesnt run right.. i dont know what to do!! got a b16a on mah car and this is whats under the hood:

type r piston
type r throttle body
crower camshaft 63402-2 stage2
crower valve spring and retainer
headworks

whats wrong with this??
im running at 15.8!!

·
Registered
444 Posts
type r shit is over rated imo. also could it be the driver(no offense). maybe its your clutch, tires, launch, many variables.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the driver is of no question, got a .55 in reaction time.. got a good clutch,tires etc.. but i think the settings of my cammshaft n camgear.. i also got an aem cam gear.. got any advise??

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nope... its a 4 door SiR.. with a load like mine, i should be running at low 14's or even lower.. i have a friend of mine, got d same car but he got a spoon camshaft, his car was even runnin at 14.3.. this sucks man! theres gonna be a race 3days from now and my car isnt running right.. i think its the settings of my camshaft and camgear.. got any ideas for that??

·
Registered
747 Posts
out of curiosity, what year SiR? what other mods? intake, exhaust, test pipe, vtec controller, anything else other then what's listed?

the only way to really tune with cam gears is to put the car on a dyno, and make a few passes...

·
Registered
444 Posts
you could try putting stock cams on and seeing how it runs but make sure everything on the aem is at stock adjustments and go from there.

also you may want to even try in the engine tech section they seem to be pretty good at that.

another thing that would help is to describe the problem better as in what exactly is going wrong. that will help narrow it down.

·
Registered
61 Posts
pinasb16a said:
type r piston
crower camshaft 63402-2 stage2
crower valve spring and retainer
Theres your problem!! you only have 1 piston, 1 cam on a b series, and only one valve spring and retainer!!!! :bh

On a more serious note, your car needs to be tuned on a dyno to see results. Also, you could probably use more fuel, or at least something to measure how much fuel you are getting, and a larger IM to go with the TB. May i also suggest engine management if you dont already have any, obd1 conversion with a p28 is a popular choice for the b16's.

·
Registered
5,517 Posts
it sounds like you thought you could just throw all these parts on and be fast with no tuning whatsoever. big mistake.

·
Registered
5,517 Posts
pinasb16a said:
the driver is of no question, got a .55 in reaction time.. got a good clutch,tires etc.. but i think the settings of my cammshaft n camgear.. i also got an aem cam gear.. got any advise??
reaction time has nothing to do with your final et. its just how fast you react to the light.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts