Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the front wheels get hot due to the brakes should a special wheel wax be used? Or will Meguiars #3 in the 3 step work fine? My Eg is on jack stands since the Rota's are getting rebalanced tommorrow. I cleaned the wheels / tires tongiht and looking to wax them before installing back on the car. Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
ur weird...

lol jk....any wax will do...here is what i do.

i take off the wheel and clean as much of it as i can...at least where i can see it from the outside, the inside doesnt matter unless u have some nice wheels that u can see inside, then id clean it.

i use a rim cleaner and spray inside the cracks and stuff then wash down the rim.

after the rim is dry i grab some plain old mothers wax or even turtle wax and apply it to the rim...shoving it into the corners and hard to reach places...

any wax will do...i dont want to use mequires wax becuase its not as durable...since its a nice carnuba wax and brings up the shine...it wont last too long....but it will work...i just have extra mothers wax around the house.

after i wipe it off and inspect it....usually 1 coat of wax is good....yet sometimes i put one more coat on the side of the rim that shows a week later after a wash....this usually lasts 4 months for me....gets ur wheels blinging though and it is easier to clean.

its good to wax ur wheels, protects them and gets them to shine.

·
Registered
39,372 Posts
Shiba-Kun said:
Turtle Wax on rims = :tu:

:D
lol-thats what i use-i have a bunch of leftover turtle wax that i just waste on waxing my rims dont want to waste meguiars-id ussually wax them right before i punt them on in the spring, a few times in the summer and once in the fall-wheel dust and road grime dont stick to the wheel as much when the wax is on, and makes cleaning the wheel much easier-

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
I took mine from an old can in my parent's garage. My pops had long since moved onto another brand, so the TW was just gather dust at the back of a shelf. Couldn't let it go to waste!:D

·
Registered
2,618 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,998 Posts
Yeah any wax will do. Waxing helps protect and keeps them clean longer. It also makes them easier to clean.

The longer the lasting wax, the better. Also try to get a wax that doesnt attract dust easy.

You can use polymer, carnuba or whatever. Just as long as it has those qualities. You can pretty much treat your rims like your paint, and should. Especially rims that are painted and have a clear coat on them. Even some of the ones with metal showing , its still clear coated. So take caution when working on them and follow all directions of your product.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
man u been bringing up old posts again lol its all good

i used the 5 star shine on my rims, and really that stuff stays on there for a LONG time...no shit is a long lasting one, but normally with nromal wax, the shine is gone quick..but now nahhhh its staying.

i put them on my 300zx with 17's and then my accord rims...they are much easier to clean...and nice looking =)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts