Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any products, upgrades beyond the obvious that get's you better mileage ?
i've 2001 accord 2dr MT

Any ECU modification that helps ? i see a lot on ebay, but seems it's a scam that doesn't really do anything.

Few years ago i've seen a module installed on a regular petrol car. it was supposedly improve MPG - i believe since it was mixed into the air intake and improving combustion ?

I cannot find anything - perhaps i'm using wrong wording.
Any info on ozone ? Personal experience ?

·
Darth Chinko
29,826 Posts
ignore shit on ebay but the only ways to really increase mpg are weight reduction and tuning. boltons will never do a whole lot.

but getting a wideband o2 sensor and leaning out the mixture and learning to drive stick will help. always do decel coasts so no fuel enters the motor etc.

·
Registered
50 Posts
There are no magic potions, or add ons to the intake systems that will improve gas milage. It is all propaganda. Driving habits and keeping your car tuned will prove to be your best way to improve gas milage.

·
Registered
22 Posts
One of the cheapest and simplest ways to improve mileage is to modify driver habits.

Coast in gear if you're approaching a red light.

Don't accelerate hard or rev the car out in each gear.

Use the right gear for the situation.

·
Registered
10,272 Posts
willobd, if you want to peddle your wares please look into becoming a sponsor.

Anyway in regards to OP, the responses so far are correct. Driving habits are the most effective way to get better gas mileage...and honestly a 2001 accord should be getting decent mpg anyway.

I've been getting 19 combined lately with my wrx :/

1 - 8 of 8 Posts