Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
3,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If any of you were on the old board then you know what all the moderators did. They basically kept the site clean. Moved off-topic posts to the off-topic fourm(ie- this thread would probally be removed if they were around), removed car vs. car threads, etc

I never appreciated what they did until now. Its total choas. For sale threads, car vs. car threads, repost after repost, useless arguing, etc.

I was just wondering if any of you felt the same way. I think its getting pretty out of hand. Alot of threads are 2-4 pages long, that was pretty rare back on the old SHO.

I just want things to run smoothly and all of these useless threads(like this one I suppose), slow the server down.

Hopefully Mike_SHO can get some moderators together for the board. I trust he will, and I realize it takes time.

Maybe some of you people could take some action and keep the "shit" down to a minimum. Search before you post, dont advertise your "shit" thats for sale, etc..

Thanks for listening and please reply with your thoughts.

--Trevor

· Registered
145 Posts
Dude Stop whining

My For sale Posts.. are About civics rite?

YES, so i can post it in the civic forum.. because it only applies to civics

Yes there are alot of Newbies.. ive been coming here a Long time.. I dont really care if there is OFF TOPIC posts.. Because U have a choice.. Read it or not

So stop whining man.. Shit..

Your post here has nothing to Do with a CIVIC.. So your Post is concidered OFF TOPIC

can i get a cup of Shut the hell up?

· Registered
3,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, so if you have been coming here for so long you would remember that we use to have a "Civic-TECH" fourm and a "Civic-NON-TECH" fourm. That was fine-it worked perfect. You could go to the Civic-tech fourm to ask/awnser tech questions. Or post your for sale/bull shit in the non-tech part.

BTW, I am in no way whining. Just seeing what peoples thoughts were on this- not trying to start a flame war. Grow up and try posting something constructive.

· Registered
1,104 Posts
heh, but don't you think its a lot more hectic on the operator to have a million catorgories to look at instead of just one? and the board has only been up a short time, there is no telling whats in store....

· Registered
3,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
RichyRichaPC said:
heh, but don't you think its a lot more hectic on the operator to have a million catorgories to look at instead of just one? and the board has only been up a short time, there is no telling whats in store....
Acutually it ran nicely when we had TECH and non-TECH. That is considering we had quite a few mods. Its a good point to bring up though. I dont want stuff to me more complicated than it should be.
Like I said I trust that Mike will be appointing moderators soon. I was just hoping people would consider "moderating themselves". Keeping the posts down to a minimum.
Thanks for your input.

· Registered
2,356 Posts
HybridJDMHonda said:
Ok, so if you have been coming here for so long you would remember that we use to have a "Civic-TECH" fourm and a "Civic-NON-TECH" fourm. That was fine-it worked perfect. You could go to the Civic-tech fourm to ask/awnser tech questions. Or post your for sale/bull shit in the non-tech part.

BTW, I am in no way whining. Just seeing what peoples thoughts were on this- not trying to start a flame war. Grow up and try posting something constructive.
Yeah, I agree..

I see that you're not whining.. We're in the need of moderators to keep things straight.. All the useless posts just take up space and bandwidth (which is probably what caused this site to crash 20 times already, haha).. And if you want to whore it up, and try to get huge post numbers, then go to the off-topic forum and talk about crap (it's not really crap, but normally not related to Civics).. If Mike_sho turned the post counts off (so they're not visible in threads, just in your profile), then the competition with who has more posts would be lessened.. Things just go a lot smoother when mods are around.. Hardly any of the forums here have moderators, let alone one..

I agree with you HybridJDMHonda ;) :D

· Registered
3,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
97CIVICoupe said:

Yeah, I agree..

I see that you're not whining.. We're in the need of moderators to keep things straight.. All the useless posts just take up space and bandwidth (which is probably what caused this site to crash 20 times already, haha).. And if you want to whore it up, and try to get huge post numbers, then go to the off-topic forum and talk about crap (it's not really crap, but normally not related to Civics).. If Mike_sho turned the post counts off (so they're not visible in threads, just in your profile), then the competition with who has more posts would be lessened.. Things just go a lot smoother when mods are around.. Hardly any of the forums here have moderators, let alone one..

I agree with you HybridJDMHonda ;) :D
Finally someone that sees it my way. Thanks for your input and support.

· Banned
638 Posts
i dont see how a site can run without mods. imagine if you would that TF&TF cameout yesterday, there would be a bunch of useless whore posts about fire breathing exhaust and equipping a Spoon egine with a T-66. Mods are a must to keep the stupid in check.

· Registered
3,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
RageAgainstNate said:
i dont see how a site can run without mods. imagine if you would that TF&TF cameout yesterday, there would be a bunch of useless whore posts about fire breathing exhaust and equipping a Spoon egine with a T-66. Mods are a must to keep the stupid in check.
HAHAHAHAHAHAH LOL:D :D Good call nate. I just see posts that need to be locked, moved, erased, etc all the time.(this one probally would be locked by now). Thanks for your input :D

· Registered
1,104 Posts
ya, I guess, but then you also taking away the right for people to be human :(

· Registered
2,356 Posts
RichyRichaPC said:
ya, I guess, but then you also taking away the right for people to be human :(
Humans are somewhat intelligent.. Use your head, and click on the damn
button for answers to all the repetitive threads..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.