Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,675 Posts
Don't get it how is that supposed to work? Also its the better thing to fix the cel instead. I know what cel your getting its the same damn one code 12, had it since the day I brought the car home with its new swap :bash

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
i think its bs. it says it takes your car outta limp mode...its verry rare that a car is in limp mode. it IS better to just fix the problem. when it comes to doing things to the ecu, you dont really wanna trick it because bad things could arise from that.

·
Premium Member
2,675 Posts
TOP END MS said:
most AFC and ECU add-ons 'trick' the computer ..
piggyback thats right. But wtf does this have to do with anything? There is tricking the computer and just flat out masking a problem.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
wesside said:
piggyback thats right. But wtf does this have to do with anything? There is tricking the computer and just flat out masking a problem.
well in alot of cases, tricking the computer is doing long term damage.

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
I call BS... just reading the description gives you absolutely zero info on how this thing works... none whatsoever. Even still, I deal with exhaust gases all the time, all day long, every fucking day... and I know for a fact that there is no such thing as "02 carbons" coming out of a tailpipe. They have it in their description, but as far as I know, there is no such thing as "02 carbons." Even basic chemistry will tell you that 02 is simply the chemical formula for oxygen... which has no carbon in it.

From it's description, my best guess is that it's basically an 02 sensor simulator. I could be wrong, as it doesn't really tell you what it is at all, just what it supposedly does. But... anyone who knows anything about cars knows that an 02 sensor isn't looking for anything with carbon in it. It's looking for oxygen. Now, if it were looking for carbon, then it'd be called a C02 sensor. but it's not. So why would they even mention the word "carbon" in the description, if not to make themselves sound as though they've put R&D behind this product. Bigger words tend to confuse people, and if people are confused, they'll still buy. It's like selling running shoes to a guy with no legs... say all the right things, confuse them a little, and they'll buy it anyway. you know, a fool and his money are soon parted.

Not only that... their product here basically says they "carefully test and research the correct amount of O2 carbons which are needed for the vehicle to correctly operate"... yet there is no vehicle choice... it's a universal part. Not all vehicles are the same... so if there was such a thing as "02 carbons", different engines would need different levels to operate efficiently... making this product vehicle specific, not universal.

also, it's a pretty well known "unwritten law" in the tuner industry, that gaining power never comes without sacrifice of something. Whether it be increased noise level, or higher maintenance, or lower gas mileage, or resale value, or a million other things. That's pretty much an unbreakable rule.

last but not least... anyone in the manufacturing of automotive parts would know the correct term for the check engine light... auto manufacturers and even good technicians don't call it a CEL... it's an MIL, standing for Malfunction Indicator Lamp. CEL is a slang term, used mostly so that less informed people know what the fuck it is they're talking about. That said, I can understand why they'd use that term to name their product, but it's unprofessional, and proves they really haven't done their homework.

All these things I gathered from that one paragraph describing this BS part... it's all simple business advertising, trying to sell garbage to someone who doesn't know any better. Dont buy it.

If you really want the check engine light to turn off... just take out the goddamn bulb... it's just as effective as this would be, and it's 100% free.

·
Premium Member
2,675 Posts
Clone said:
I call BS... just reading the description gives you absolutely zero info on how this thing works... none whatsoever. Even still, I deal with exhaust gases all the time, all day long, every fucking day... and I know for a fact that there is no such thing as "02 carbons" coming out of a tailpipe. They have it in their description, but as far as I know, there is no such thing as "02 carbons." Even basic chemistry will tell you that 02 is simply the chemical formula for oxygen... which has no carbon in it.

From it's description, my best guess is that it's basically an 02 sensor simulator. I could be wrong, as it doesn't really tell you what it is at all, just what it supposedly does. But... anyone who knows anything about cars knows that an 02 sensor isn't looking for anything with carbon in it. It's looking for oxygen. Now, if it were looking for carbon, then it'd be called a C02 sensor. but it's not. So why would they even mention the word "carbon" in the description, if not to make themselves sound as though they've put R&D behind this product. Bigger words tend to confuse people, and if people are confused, they'll still buy. It's like selling running shoes to a guy with no legs... say all the right things, confuse them a little, and they'll buy it anyway. you know, a fool and his money are soon parted.

Not only that... their product here basically says they "carefully test and research the correct amount of O2 carbons which are needed for the vehicle to correctly operate"... yet there is no vehicle choice... it's a universal part. Not all vehicles are the same... so if there was such a thing as "02 carbons", different engines would need different levels to operate efficiently... making this product vehicle specific, not universal.

also, it's a pretty well known "unwritten law" in the tuner industry, that gaining power never comes without sacrifice of something. Whether it be increased noise level, or higher maintenance, or lower gas mileage, or resale value, or a million other things. That's pretty much an unbreakable rule.

last but not least... anyone in the manufacturing of automotive parts would know the correct term for the check engine light... auto manufacturers and even good technicians don't call it a CEL... it's an MIL, standing for Malfunction Indicator Lamp. CEL is a slang term, used mostly so that less informed people know what the fuck it is they're talking about. That said, I can understand why they'd use that term to name their product, but it's unprofessional, and proves they really haven't done their homework.

All these things I gathered from that one paragraph describing this BS part... it's all simple business advertising, trying to sell garbage to someone who doesn't know any better. Dont buy it.

If you really want the check engine light to turn off... just take out the goddamn bulb... it's just as effective as this would be, and it's 100% free.
FuCking said it right there man I think that ends it all :w00t

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.