Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I believe it is official. I am going to be trading my Del Sol for a Jeep Liberty. And I'm not into off roading, so I was going to go with a nice street setup that I am so in love with. Lowered, stanced, the works. JDM styling on a Jeep. So here is my question, do wheels (as in rims) have a weight limit to what they can support? I am lucky enough that the Liberty has a 5x114.3 lug pattern, so I have numerous wheels I can look at. And yes I know it is a noobish question from someone who has been in the game for awhile, but I'm looking at a 4000lbs vehicle with torque at all 4 wheels, not quite the same as a 2300lbs torqueless FWD Honda. Lol.

And yes I've searched to only find info on bicycle wheels.

·
Super Nazi Mod
5,806 Posts
as long as you aren't doing any offroading with them you'll be fine. that bolt pattern is so common that there are alot of heavy cars running them.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sweet. The closest I'll be to off-roading is a gravel driveway at my girls house. Lol. Now I just need to find an 18-inch wheel with a nice dish. I wish I could get the XXR 513's, but they are 4 lug only, and the largest is 16-inches. Bleh, any help?

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Try to buy a rim with the max load rating of the vehicles stock tires. Hard cornering can greatly increase the load a tire sees so get a rim that matches the stock tires load capacity at the least.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didn't think about that. I found other sets of wheels I'd like to try, but can't find any info on load capacity. Looks like I am going to have to contact them directly. Let me know what you guys think about these wheels. Keep in mind the Jeep is Patriot Blue, it's the darker blue.

Or

Black/Blue

Black/Copper

1 - 5 of 5 Posts