Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone ever weighed all of the trunk lining material and spare tire? i'm just trying to think of the total amount of weight i've taken off of my car.

wheels: 13.5, -9 lbs each, -36 lbs
flywheel: 8 lb, -10 lbs
act xtss clutch: 15 lbs, gotta weigh the original, maybe -1 lb difference...yay
trunk liners: ??
spare tire: ??
front dust shield: ~3 lbs
right fender well liner: ~3 lbs -it was ripped off...DOH!
greddy pe: ??, feels lighter than stock
neuspeed n2: ??, no heat shield
straight pipe: 4 lbs, around -6 lbs, the cat. is heavy!
dust covers for timing belt: ~1 lb, i'm pushing it i know...

removed my sub, so that's another ~30 lbs i don't have to worry about.

· Premium Member
13,997 Posts
You can empty your windshield washer fluid , lightweight lug-nuts , carbon fiber hood , remove passenger seat , remove the intake air-box , remove windshield wipers for less wind resistance , lightweight rotors , crankshaft pulley , pulleys , cam sprockets are slightly lighter than stock I think....

That should help...

· Registered
12,727 Posts
del_parker said:
has anyone ever weighed all of the trunk lining material and spare tire? i'm just trying to think of the total amount of weight i've taken off of my car.

wheels: 13.5, -9 lbs each, -36 lbs
flywheel: 8 lb, -10 lbs
act xtss clutch: 15 lbs, gotta weigh the original, maybe -1 lb difference...yay
trunk liners: ??
spare tire: ??
front dust shield: ~3 lbs
right fender well liner: ~3 lbs -it was ripped off...DOH!
greddy pe: ??, feels lighter than stock
neuspeed n2: ??, no heat shield
straight pipe: 4 lbs, around -6 lbs, the cat. is heavy!
dust covers for timing belt: ~1 lb, i'm pushing it i know...

removed my sub, so that's another ~30 lbs i don't have to worry about.
I know you had a lot of math...but losing those wheel weights and flywheel and such are all spinning masses....its called moment of inertia.....the gain in that would help you out a lot.

· Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Re: weight reduction

lOOkatme said:
I know you had a lot of math...but losing those wheel weights and flywheel and such are all spinning masses....its called moment of inertia.....the gain in that would help you out a lot.
i'm just adding up total weight, not taking into account rotating masses.

H22Coupe said:
why don't you weight it, just a thought....
i would but it's at my dad's house and believe it or not, but they don't own a set of scales. :rolleyes:

just checking to see if anyone knew these weights off the top of their head.

· Registered
444 Posts
use the poor man's scale: find that bathroom scale in the house, weigh yourself, then weigh yourself holding the linging or the tire or whatever, take the difference and there you go.
it's worth it just for the image of a guy in the garage on a scale holding a trunk liner and a spare tire and trying to look down past it all to see how heavy it is...kinda funny..:D but it would work.

· Registered
4,212 Posts
The Greddy Power Extreme exhaust system weights more than the stock exhaust.. I remember lifting the canister out of the box, jeez it was heavy! But not heavier like 10 lbs, but more like 3-5 lbs heavier.

removing the ac, ps system will prolly give you at least 40-70 lbs in reduction, removing the ABS system will give you about 20-30 lbs off. Airbags will be approx 10 lbs off.. lexan windows all around will give you about i guess 10-15 lbs off.

· Registered
814 Posts
yea, its closer to 20lbs... maybe 15lbs... use a chisel and a heat gun...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.