Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well a few days ago I installed some headers, everything sounded ok at first. After about only 5 mins of driving I started hearing a very loud fluttering noise. (best way I can describe it is if you took a piece of paper and stuck it into a moving bike spoke) I was thinking maybe it was a leak, I checked all the bolts making sure I didnt leave anything loose. I did use the old gaskets, could this be the problem? It never made this sound before the install. Any ideas? thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
In my opinion it sounds like an exhaust leak, and if it sounds like paper in bicycle spokes, I'd assume it's a fairly severe one at that. My guess would be that it is the old gasket(s) you used. I'd try to isolate where the problem is coming from first though. Have you tried going back and retightening the bolts yet?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
UltraMagneticAL said:
this is the problem. dump this cheapo header for something higher quality.
Have any suggestions on a brand?....at this point even if the header is not the problem and its just a easily fixable leak, this thing is so raspy its making me not want to drive... :bash

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,366 Posts
there's no f-series header i really like...you'll have to go custom.

·
Registered
47 Posts
:D
UltraMagneticAL said:
this is the problem. dump this cheapo header for something higher quality.
totally agree with that statement. i got obx for my 04 4 cyl. it came with the gaskets already, i put it on and 2 days later i started hearing the same noise, 3 weeks later, it started getting on my nerves so i took it to a shop to get the gasket changed because i got my butt kicked by the landlord or working in the parking lot and same thing happened again. turned out its surface was not straight thats why it kept blowing up the gaskets. i paid 170 instead of 280 (the dc one) and i so wished i'd done the opposite because i never really fixed it and the obx is in my closet right now.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for that post about you having the same expierience. I almost went to the shop today to have them check it out, I'm glad I didn't though. So it's confirmed the header is a POS and thats that. I only wish I could say I spent 180 or so on it. I had a few people recremend that brand and there waseven a right up about them in superstreet. I spent close to 300$ on it. Deffinatly got shafted on this one :mad Lesson learned though. Don't give benefit of the doubt on some new company and go with whats tried and true I suppose.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.