Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, my buddy and i were swapping out my headgasket... we did everything by the book, it's not that hard... at the very end he was using the torque wrench to tighten down the head bolts... he was going very slow and very steady, just to make sure not to fuck something up... then guess what happens...

the headbolt stripped the threads out of the hole in the block... he hadn't even gotten it halfway tightened to spec either... not sure what caused this... maybe just the fact that that bolt hadn't been untightened in 13 some odd years ( i drive a 94 ex ((d16z6)) )

So we asked around at how we could salvage this problem... his cousin said we could use helicoils and tap the whole bigger... has anyone heard of doing this on an engine block... is this safe... how is it done...

I searched this forum and found nothing, and googled and couldnt see anything... any help appreciated..

Thanks,
John

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.