Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so tonite i was playing some bf1942 with a friend and out of nowhere... i hear the windows log off music... i look over and see my g/fs computer loging off windows and restarting itself... wtf... anyone know what would cause it to do this... or have any guesses... i really dont like her computer.. ive reformated it so many times... and it still acts retarded :noo

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
sounds like the cpu is overheating??? Just a guess

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Da|2kZe|2o said:
sounds like the cpu is overheating??? Just a guess
If the CPU was over heating it would either just freeze up or give you a blue screen.

Sounds like she may have the Sasser worm or some other virus. Get AVG from www.grisoft.com and do a check up.

·
Registered
9,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
AEgeus said:
If the CPU was over heating it would either just freeze up or give you a blue screen.

Sounds like she may have the Sasser worm or some other virus. Get AVG from www.grisoft.com and do a check up.
ill do that this afternoon... thanks

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
My Computer (right click) > Properties > Advanced > Under "Startup and Recovery" click "Settings" > Under "System failure" un-tick "Automatically restart" > OK.

It wont restart anymore but now whenever it happens it will give you the dreaded blue screen, that wont fix the problem but it will at least give you details about it so you can trace it to its source.

·
Registered
9,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Da|2kZe|2o said:
My Computer (right click) > Properties > Advanced > Under "Startup and Recovery" click "Settings" > Under "System failure" un-tick "Automatically restart" > OK.

It wont restart anymore but now whenever it happens it will give you the dreaded blue screen, that wont fix the problem but it will at least give you details about it so you can trace it to its source.
ive done that... my old computer used to do that... but when my old computer would restart it would just complete reset like hiting the reset button... thats what sets her computer from the 1 i used to have... hers actually loged out of windows first b4 restarting... thats what i found weird... i just didnt reset it self... it logged off windows first... then restarted... see what im saying

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
TSXmike said:
ive done that... my old computer used to do that... but when my old computer would restart it would just complete reset like hiting the reset button... thats what sets her computer from the 1 i used to have... hers actually loged out of windows first b4 restarting... thats what i found weird... i just didnt reset it self... it logged off windows first... then restarted... see what im saying
oo i see, it could be the sasser worm virus but i dont know if that actually logs u out. It could just be the computer is set on idel or something and just logs off if the comp isnt being used for a period of time??? Random suggestion.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts